• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA Interview Process

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not just the airlines, but companies have survived for decades without these ridiculous hiring methods. Why do they feel they need them now??

Just say on your video interview ..." I enjoy it when my company F's me over...." They will skip the rest and hire you on the spot.

Last edited:
You guys must not be familiar with the astronaut physical AA used to subject one to in the '80s....

Wow. Pretty involved process, borderline arrogant, for an airline which for the last 20+ yrs been been one of the worst to work for. I've literally never come across anyone who's said "I want to work for American." That being said; good luck to prospective candidates. Maybe getting a bunch of "new blood" (read: non *ssholes) will turn things toward the positive for them.

I respect your thinking but you aren't a Republic pilot! AA is a safe haven for us! xD

Run the career numbers of a 27 year old at AA vs hired at SWA the same day despite the BS which I agree with.

Make sure you use the 4th year narrow body Captain or 8th year wide body payscale for the AA pilot, does anyone know if the Southwest F/O payscale goes to 20 years?

All that BS for $35 a hour, and $1000 a month during training.......

It's actually $40/ hour. I agree that it sucks and is shameful.

Wow. Pretty involved process, borderline arrogant, for an airline which for the last 20+ yrs been been one of the worst to work for. I've literally never come across anyone who's said "I want to work for American." That being said; good luck to prospective candidates. Maybe getting a bunch of "new blood" (read: non *ssholes) will turn things toward the positive for them.

I've flown with a couple of unusual guys, but never with an @sshole. As a matter of fact, the captains that I have flown with are incredibly gracious, competent, and easy going.

We have our 10%, just like your outfit. Don't like AA, don't apply. To all those who are about to join the ranks, welcome aboard!

I'd be surprised if it's even nearly that high. Maybe 10% of the WB guys.

Latest resources

Back