AA increases to 30 a month starting April

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AAflyer

It was just announced. 30 a month recalls srtating April. As previously mentioned should pick up to 40 by June or July.

Welcome Back!!

AAflyer

How will the age 65 rule will affect this? Any opinions?

BS,

It will slow things down, however ALL pilots will not fly past 60, depending on how the Pension will play into this (pay out penalties etc) there may be a large group who leave early. Too many variables, let's ride this wave as long as we can. The slightest bit of growth and some retirements past 60 will still require many pilots to be recalled. Hope to see you back soon!

Take Care,

AAflyer

From a very reliable source - 377 pilots back by August and at least 500 total for the year. This wave is a'building!

It'll be interesting to see the bypass rate. After the big glut of flowbies who got whacked in '05, I wonder how many will come back for 3-4 year pay... TC

From a very reliable source - 377 pilots back by August and at least 500 total for the year. This wave is a'building!

Sounds great, AA73........sure hope that's true. But with the announced recalls already of 10 in JAN, 20 FEB, 20 MAR, 30 APR (might be wrong on one of those months), 377 by August would mean an average of 74 per month for MAY, JUN, JUL, and AUG. This would define the term "flood gates bursting open." Are you sure your source meant 377 by August??

If that's what it's gonna be, then that may be the best news I've heard all week.

3.5 years of commuting to reserve.

I just wanna go home I just wanna go home I just wanna go home I just wanna go home I just wanna go home I just wanna go home I just wanna go home I just wanna go home I just wanna go home I just wanna go home I just wanna go home I just wanna go home I just wanna go home I just wanna go home I just wanna go home I just wanna go home I just wanna go home I just wanna go home I just wanna go home I just wanna go home I just wanna go home I just wanna go home I just wanna go home I just wanna go home I just wanna go home.

Sounds great, AA73........sure hope that's true. But with the announced recalls already of 10 in JAN, 20 FEB, 20 MAR, 30 APR (might be wrong on one of those months), 377 by August would mean an average of 74 per month for MAY, JUN, JUL, and AUG. This would define the term "flood gates bursting open." Are you sure your source meant 377 by August??

If that's what it's gonna be, then that may be the best news I've heard all week.

The source is very reliable... I came to the same conclusion you came to, and decided it would be a little much.... but I really wouldn't be surprised to see 50/month during the summer. Apparently, AA is seriously thinking about ramping up the summer schedule for the first time in 3 years, which would mean bringing some 80s out of the desert. Stay tuned, I'll keep updating what I hear.

Dangling those carrots again, so the pilots come out and play nice and negotiate a new crappy contract. Sorry, I don't buy it. It sounds like propaganda from the lying thieves.

Latest resources

Back