• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA hiring to start??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The airline said it plans to place 27 of its older, gas- guzzling MD-80 aircraft into temporary storage in phases by July 1 to help cut costs.

"With fuel over $70 a barrel, it's a logical move," said Ray Neidl, an analyst at Calyon Securities.

NO RECALLS FOR YOU!!!!!

CHIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEFS,

I don't know what "research" I could have done since I was just asking a general question about a rumor I heard but hey, each to his own...some people have called me a retard in the past and I'm sure it won't be the last time that happens.

At least I managed to only march a few tours...I had that going for me.

Last edited:
instructordude said:
Wow, that's great news about possible hiring. Anybody know what the mins will be??

Read the responses again junior. Until over 2800 pilots are given the offer of recall hiring will not start. Furthermore looking at your time you dont deserve to be flying the lav cart much less a S-80.

aa73 said:
I wouldn't put it past the APA to dream up something like that.... "In exchange for keeping the A fund going for two more years, we've given our furloughees 1 year recall rights, starting last year." Zing!

Dude! You gotta quit hanging around us TWA types. You're getting cynical! ;)

BTW, AA is not a warm-fuzzy place to work. It's a big company with an entrenched bureaucracy and a culture of employee antipathy. They punish first and ask questions later--maybe. But there are many other corporations out there that are the same. UPS comes to mind.

Generally, these types of companies pay enough to make up for the less than friendly work environment.

It will be interesting to see if AA goes after a pay cut since all the other legacies are working for approx. 10% (or more) less than AA's hourly pay.

BUT... Until you see what the industry looks like when they start recalling, you cannot possibly guess how many people will come back. I'm betting more TWA people will come back than people think.TC

TC, cynical is my middle name... :nuts:

Seriously, it's anybody's guess on what new stuff the APA will dream up as contract negotiations start opening up. It will now be up to the AA pilots to try and hold up the bar that has been crashing down contract after contract. Hopefully we can do better than last time ('03.)

cheers,

instructordude said:
Wow, that's great news about possible hiring. Anybody know what the mins will be??

From what I hear, when AA and AE merge, the hiring mins will be brought over from AE. 500TT and 25ME will be considered. All new hires will start at AE and work their way up.;)

X

Thebadcat1313 said:
Yeah, they'll have to start hiring because when they recall, no one will accept. What did I read here, 'working for american is like being with a beautiful woman then you find out she has crabs!'
Haha, that is a good one. And true... or you can use the motto for Atlas Air:

"Working for Atlas is like being with a beautiful woman then you find out she has scabs!"

Buh dum bum!:D

Last edited:
Danger,

Lighten up on the lad!!

CLAMBAKE

P.S. I already bought a new car because of the AA recall.

Midnight Flyer said:
My neighbor is an fo for eagle. Are they really hiring? He says things are slow and there is no upgrading right now.
I'll bet that if I ran out of the house right now and floored my car, if I hit a pedestrian they would be ex Comair or Eagle from the last decade.

Anything is a given.

We just got an American Eagle age 60 retired EMB captain as a new hire flying Carvans in 135...I hope I don't have to run him down in the parking lot to prove my point. However, we have a lot of Simmons and Eagle guys that have flown for us. Life is like a box of chocolates...you never know which one you're going to get.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back