• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA hiring to start??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There was no pinpoint source...it was just rumor mill but I think my question was answered to say the least!!

Yeah, they'll have to start hiring because when they recall, no one will accept. What did I read here, 'working for american is like being with a beautiful woman then you find out she has crabs!'

Thebadcat1313 said:
Yeah, they'll have to start hiring because when they recall, no one will accept. What did I read here, 'working for american is like being with a beautiful woman then you find out she has crabs!'

I enjoyed the heck out of my three years at AA. Loved (almost) every minute of it.

That being said I have found something much better and will not be going back.

Scrapdog said:
There was no pinpoint source...it was just rumor mill but I think my question was answered to say the least!!

Just think, ten seconds of research would have kept a zoomie from turning into a retard.

Scrapdog,

"No more posts from you, come back two years!!!!"

CLAMBAKE

Thebadcat1313 said:
Yeah, they'll have to start hiring because when they recall, no one will accept.

I know your post is tongue in cheek, but I disagree.

Many, Many will be going back. The ex-military, now military again, will go back. I've seen a couple of military dudes (not furloughed) take leave of absences and go back this year. For what its worth, AA didn't grant them personal leave of absences.

When AA does hire again they will have a bunch of older dudes on the property. Good for retirement progression.

Look for hiring to start during the American-Iran war of 2009.

Last edited:
WyoHerkdriver said:
The only way AA will be hiring pilots in January is if the APA negotiates away the recall rights of 2850+ furloughed pilots. Oops, I had better not give them any ideas.

I wouldn't put it past the APA to dream up something like that.... "In exchange for keeping the A fund going for two more years, we've given our furloughees 1 year recall rights, starting last year." Zing!

spacecadet1 said:
Well at least eagle is hiring. Maybe you can start at eagle and work your way up!

My neighbor is an fo for eagle. Are they really hiring? He says things are slow and there is no upgrading right now.

All Eagle hiring is for attrition. At least flowbacks (400+ so far) have stopped. First CA opening was posted for us non-AA/TWA in well over 1 1/2 years.

Thebadcat1313 said:

Ok. Not to put down any airline, but people will flock to Virgin America, Allegiant, Spirit, EOS, MaxJet, any upstart, but not apply to AA. Sounds about right?

By the way, I may scratch sometimes, but compared to the herpes, clap and HIV in this industry I will take a case of the crabs over the other alternatives any day of the week.

AAflyer

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back