AA hiring. Don't hold your breath

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
#1 Windmilling said:
Uhhhh, except for US Air.:D No one hired between '89 and '99. I feel for those guys who have 13 years in with them and are on the bubble. Let's hope things start getting better. Fly safe

#1 W

But if tight scope language is supposed to protect the good mainline jobs why has it been so tough at USAirways? You are correct Windmilling, the bottom seniority at USAirways has 13 years seniority. Maybe that "tough" RJ scope language they had wasn't so great after all. I think people are starting to realize that cutting off your feed will not promote "job security".

I agree with some of what you say about scope, but the reality is that US Air had good scope language and that other airlines didn't and so they had a cost advantage over US Air. But then using this logic, we could have no scope and then let an airline outsource all of it's flying to the lowerst bidders and be a strong financial operation with pilots making $40,000 flying 777's.

In the real world, we need scope that is well written to allow for unlimited feed traffic and prohibit hub bypass and no feed traffic, which AMR and DAL both do not have!

I being a pilot and not an airline manager, prefer the income of pilots to go up and not that of managers and executives, but that is not going to happen if the airline is allowed to outsource all of its flying.

Leave it to USAir to always be the anchor man. Always bringing up the rear and scared to death of SWA. They need to completely change their corporate mindset or they are done. Stick a fork in them!!

Latest resources

Back