• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA: Furloughs? A plan? Retirements?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The class that started yesterday was told on Friday that they could defer or attend and face almost certain furlough. The "cuts will be deeper than originally thought".

Now, they're saying they don't know if they will furlough at all. Yeah, right. They just don't want a bunch of us burning the sick leave we didn't burn the first time.

If I get laid off, I will get 4.5 months furlough pay. If they furlough, they have to offer an early out. That is one year at full pay then you retire. I might take that and go on to my next career. I don't know.

What I do know is that I'm not going to waste the next 15 years languishing on the bottom of the AA list, risking furlough every few years and jerking gear for the Ozark CA's who think everything's great.

Life's too short. TC

not sure if they are required to offer an early out (as you describe). There is a provision in the contract under the LOA Section TT regarding stand in stead furloughs. Nothing that I have read lead me to believe in a 1 year early out. I could have missed it.

What I do know is that I'm not going to waste the next 15 years languishing on the bottom of the AA list, risking furlough every few years and jerking gear for the Ozark CA's who think everything's great.

:laugh:

I always wondered why they were so happy go lucky!

:laugh:

I always wondered why they were so happy go lucky!

I've had a couple tell me it's nice working with someone who wears a hat.

Hummm... Wonder what got them started on that? :D TC

Those dang anti hat nazis!

P.s. have you SEEN my pompadour? (Hint: check out the Wall of Lame in STL, I'm up there....)

At my age, if you still have hair, you're NOT going to cover it up. ;) TC

Latest resources

Back