• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA Contract Proposal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The company's pay "raise" proposal is a fake and actually a pay cut when you see that they want to stop night and international pay. Also lower the guarantee for reserves.

And then they want to lock in the B-scale for the A319 and below for TEN YEARS or two negotiating cycles (which in AA dog years is about 12).

Start with a crappy commuter caliber rate for a narrow body airliner, then let inflation erode it for TEN YEARS and see what you have.

The company's contract proposal is ludicrous, in NO way realistic or serious, and has NO chance of even being put to a vote.

brilliantly put.... I hope the average pilot is smart enough to understand this basic logic and accept nothing more than "more"

"The reality of deregulation"

Under the CAB, fares were set and airlines competed on service
Post CAB, airlines compet on fares and service (or costs thereof) hit rock bottom.
The business model IS by definition bankruptcy!!!

Everyone has to compete with the last one out of bankruptcy, good luck.

"The reality of deregulation"

Under the CAB, fares were set and airlines competed on service
Post CAB, airlines compet on fares and service (or costs thereof) hit rock bottom.
The business model IS by definition bankruptcy!!!

Everyone has to compete with the last one out of bankruptcy, good luck.

I'd say it's broken.

I mean, heck... you can't get into a taxi cab with out the price being set by the local municipality..... but God forbid we allow high capitalization businesses like airlines to fix prices..... That's just un-American! (pardon the pun)

When a cab ride from the airport to downtown in NY costs a third of a cross country airline ticket, there's something very corrupt and sick about our economic system.

I have no horse in this race-but I am all for our industry drawing a line in the sand and doing the right thing. When these execs are taking in huge salaries and bonus's and are the cause of the demise of a company-they need to go. I do not think Bankruptcy will push them out and punish them-look at the other companies that went into Ch11 and see the money they got for leaving..... As someone previous has said, it is better not to go into bankruptcy with a lower pay and bennies since the judges and the attorneys are all too stupid to look at the forest for the trees.

FYI-I am a mesaba pilot who is seeing most of our 4-5 year FO's see upgrades going to Colgan FO's with 1-2 years at the company because some attorney was an idiot when he put a minutes worth of thought into his decision.

Another reason for DOH

When a cab ride from the airport to downtown in NY costs a third of a cross country airline ticket, there's something very corrupt and sick about our economic system.

Or your NYC cabbies.

Latest resources

Back