AA Contract Abrogated!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I apologize for this thread. Got a bad email this morning from
APA and am guilty of a false start. I am in shock at the decision! A big win I think.

Unit

Well, it's a win to the extent you don't get a forced contract. That's good!

It'll be interesting if AA refiles it's petition. And naturally it remains to be seen if AA and APA renegotiate.

Membership pretty much said they're not going to accept a concessionary contract, so if I were AA, I wouldn't expect my NC to bring me another one to vote on!

The larger the carriers become, the less powerful their labor unions. The irony....[/QUOTE]

Ultra...

I disagree. It seems to me that with CAL, NWA, AT, AWA and potentially LCC gone from the landscape that pattern bargaining can once again return. And that is a good thing for labor. Reflective of an earlier (read regulated) era when costs only mattered to the extent that mine was not outrageously higher than yours. Not that cost won't matter but the pressure on carriers will abate because there are fewer leading to the elimination of outliers.

t'll be interesting if AA refiles it's petition. And naturally it remains to be seen if AA and APA renegotiate.

Refiling today.....

Negative ghostrider....not until negotiation commence, reach impasse and release is granted by NMB..... Unfortunately, for those who think self-help is the answer, its years away.

If management is allowed to impose terms, that is self help for management. In essence, they have been released, while the pilots are enjoined from self help. My assessment is correct.

Wait a minute! A pro-labor administration gets voted into office and all of a sudden decisions start to fall on the labor side of the line?

NO WAY!

What an amazing, miraculous, coincidence!

Please continue to vote against your own best interests because you've been told your guns or church is somehow in danger, even though they aren't.

Nothing at all
to be learned here. :rolleyes:

Wait a minute! A pro-labor administration gets voted into office and all of a sudden decisions start to fall on the labor side of the line?

NO WAY!

What an amazing, miraculous, coincidence!

Please continue to vote against your own best interests because you've been told your guns or church is somehow in danger, even though they aren't.

Nothing at all
to be learned here. :rolleyes:

This was not a "win" for labor. It was just the judge doing what he thought was right.

The company has re-filed and the judge will accept it. The company and the creditors now have their noses out of joint because APA has the temerity to rattle their sabre.

The only recourse APA has is an illegal strike. Working within the corrupt framework of the RLA/NMB and the national political structure is pointless.

What's in YOUR scrotum?

TC

I have a warm fuzzy feeling that "TA" would look pretty good after whats coming next.....

Latest resources

Back