• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AMRCostUnit

Back on the 737
APA INFORMATION HOTLINE*****

******************************************************* This is APA Communications Director Gregg Overman with the APA Information Hotline for Wednesday, August 15.
JUDGE SEAN LANE GRANTS AMR MANAGEMENT’S MOTION: United States Bankruptcy Judge Sean Lane issued a ruling today that grants AMR management’s application for authority to reject the Allied Pilots Association-American Airlines Collective Bargaining Agreement. We received word of Judge Lane’s ruling at XX p.m. Your APA legal team is currently reviewing the document. Upon completion of our review, if appropriate we will file an appeal of Judge Lane’s decision.*****
We regard AMR’s intent to reject our contract as an admission of failure—failure to reach a mutually acceptable agreement with a vital employee group, and in a broader sense, failure to avoid bankruptcy and to present a credible vision for our airline’s future. Any future for this airline must include a consensual, industry-standard contract that properly recognizes our pilots’ sacrifices and our critical role in the operation of American Airlines.
Your APA leadership is exploring and pursuing all legal avenues in response to today’s ruling, including the pending appeal regarding the inapplicability of Section 1113 to the 2003 pilot collective bargaining agreement. Your APA leadership will issue a follow-up message later today. Should you have any questions or concerns, call APA Phone Watch at 817-302-2395. APA Phone Watch will be manned from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. through Friday.
That’s it for now. Thank you for checking this hotline.

Sounds like a train wreck to me...

Not sure this is an official e-mail. Nothing on the APA website and nothing on the new feed.

If you look at the time, its XX PM. Seems like a template that was probably legally reviewed in case it went down that way.

I hear lots of cases of anal glaucoma will be spreading throughout the pilot group.

Can you all give some examples of what the next thing the pilot group can do if in fact this is true and they throw out the contract. What can they do besides quit versus illegal job action? Thanks

Is it an illegal job action if there is no contract? What is status quo if you are having terms hoisted on you? I'm asking a question, I really don't know.

A contract will be forced upon them and negotiations for a follow on agreement commence immediately.

Is it an illegal job action if there is no contract? What is status quo if you are having terms hoisted on you? I'm asking a question, I really don't know.

I believe the CBA is still in effect. What the Judge may grant is for AA management to alter individual sections of the contract. If I am not mistaken, the 1113 term sheet spelled out the changes the company intends to implement.

S

Latest resources

Back