• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA Contract Abrogated!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wait a minute! A pro-labor administration gets voted into office and all of a sudden decisions start to fall on the labor side of the line?

NO WAY!

What an amazing, miraculous, coincidence!

Please continue to vote against your own best interests because you've been told your guns or church is somehow in danger, even though they aren't.

Nothing at all to be learned here. :rolleyes:

You're going to have to explain how the current Presidential Admin had anything to do with putting this particular judge on the bench, and the case falling upon him.

I doubt POTUS has a clue AA is even in BK.

I have a warm fuzzy feeling that "TA" would look pretty good after whats coming next.....

Anyone who has a "warm fuzzy feeling" about this had better check their pants! :p

On the surface, yes. But considering the six year term (ten years with AMR's foot dragging), A319 B-scale (not negotiable for the first four years of the contract--again, see AMR foot dragging in negotiations) and no limit on the number of 319's (the vast majority of NB aircraft on the property could be 319's getting at least $15/hr. less than the -80' and 737.

Trading 757's for much lower paying 321's, again, for probably a ten year term.

No, we're not going to get any better with the imposed contract but the rumblings are that AA needs a signed CBA to exit bankruptcy, the Creditor's Committee is getting a rash over this and we get to start negotiating immediately upon exiting bankruptcy (IF they can exit without an agreement). So, we got THAT going for us. ;)

This is not in any shape or form a "good thing" but "good" went bye-bye back in November.

TC

P.S.--I know from your perspective, simply having a CBA is a good thing. Relying on the "good graces" of your management isn't fun. So, I'm making my point from a relatively comfortable position.

You're going to have to explain how the current Presidential Admin had anything to do with putting this particular judge on the bench, and the case falling upon him. .
Yes, yes, but of course.....
The judge appointed in 2010 by the Appellate court who happens to side in favor of labor for the first time since the last pro labor administration is an amazing coincidence.. Not connected in any way whatsoever........
Did you not read the original post? Keep voting for anti-labor administrations and I'm sure everything will turn out fine with your pension.
This was not a "win" for labor. It was just the judge doing what he thought was right.

A Contract with labor being upheld under bankruptcy against a Management who seeks to cancel it isn't a "win"? Are you new to this?
The company has re-filed and the judge will accept it.
Of course they did. Accepting a filing is not the same as finding in favor of it. As of today, the contract has been upheld and efforts to negate it have failed. The exact opposite of the results under other administrations. Pure coincidence, of course.
What's in YOUR scrotum?
TC
Actually, I analyze such matters with what's in my head. That's why I vote in my own best interest and don't let fear mongers and alarmists play me for a chump.

Side note: What's with being so interested in my sperm? That's extremely creepy. I can't fathom any possible reason for you to be concerned with what's in my scrotum. You're going to want to stop asking people that.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back