AA app window may open in August

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

aa73

OCT start date, estimating 600 new hires (thru next year.)
App window most likely opening in August.
No more 3-day process like it used to be.
All this from several sources at the school house, including union folks. (still not 100% official but pretty close to it.)

Good luck to all, gonna be great to have new hires here again.

I was hearing June rumors from my contact over there. They were talking June to start taking apps, mid July to do interviews for classes in September. Sounded like a reasonable time frame to me.

And please GOD let them NOT use airline apps. I would rather hand fill out a 30 page app that I had to wait to get mailed to me than use airline apps.

I was hearing June rumors from my contact over there. They were talking June to start taking apps, mid July to do interviews for classes in September. Sounded like a reasonable time frame to me.

And please GOD let them NOT use airline apps. I would rather hand fill out a 30 page app that I had to wait to get mailed to me than use airline apps.

Whats your beef with airlineapps? If you have an app in with DAL/UAL/etc your info is already there. Fill out the AA addendum, and you'd be done. Just curious.

Whats your beef with airlineapps? If you have an app in with DAL/UAL/etc your info is already there. Fill out the AA addendum, and you'd be done. Just curious.

It would be nice if all the majors were on the same application service. One app for everyone is worth the $$ for me.

I think airlines should auction the jobs. Show up at a job fair with a predetermined minimum... 1000 PIC turbine, 1st class medical, blah blah blah then open bidding. At 1000 dollars a new hire class seat.

I think we would all enjoy the fairness and time savings.

Really smart airlines could finance for those who don't have cash at 5% and payroll deduct.

After working at multiple airlines I've learned pilots are pretty much the same. All groups have clowns despite the rigorous interview.

Oh and I forgot. Every airline merged. So clearly getting "the right fit" for the brand doesn't matter just ask SWA.

The more I think about the idea the better it gets. We could end the FI my airline is better than yours BS... My airline is better our classes are going for 10K a seat while yours are 50 bucks. The market has spoken your airline sucks.

If seniority is so important we should put a price on it. 2013 Delta would cost a fortune... 2018 not so much.

Come to think of it we should be able to buy numbers on our airline specific lists. Example: I'm the bottom of the list and hate it. I could pay the number 1 guy 500K to get his number and he gets mine.

What would your number be worth?

That is a very interesting and complex ?

Tough to say, this industry as a whole is much different than what
Most imagined. Still good just different.

If I could sell my number for a handsome fee I in all probability would give it some real insightful thought.

It is a unique way to look at the process

Great to hear New Hires are coming, maybe this will encourage upward movement........we shall see.

Latest resources

Back