• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA announces recalls starting Jan 2013

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So I've got a buddy who's on furlough and I'm curious. It's my understanding that once AA gets to the bottom of the list with recalls, the 3 yr bypass clock starts ticking. Anyone have a crystal ball and a good idea of when that should occur?

Rice,

The latest projection I've seen has them getting to the bottom of the list in the June 2013 time frame. This is, of course, if they are actually going to stick to two twenty pilot recall classes a month. It is also based on some assumptions based on past recall "take rates" with different groups of recallees, ie: "native" AA, former TW, flowthrough AE, etc.

X

My guess...

So I've got a buddy who's on furlough and I'm curious. It's my understanding that once AA gets to the bottom of the list with recalls, the 3 yr bypass clock starts ticking. Anyone have a crystal ball and a good idea of when that should occur?

I would think that AA will be through the rest of the recalls by the end of 2013, about a year from now. Those that already bypassed can make a call and get in the next available class in seniority order. Some may opt to get back before a merger, the 13% equity stake question, etc. It may bring a slightly higher acceptance rate, but I think they will burn through the rest of the list over the next year. IMHO

At the risk of looking a bit daft.

Since the contract was thrown out in court, why do all the recall provisions seem to still apply unchanged? What if the TA doesn't pass, will the process still be honored?

Last edited:
I would think that AA will be through the rest of the recalls by the end of 2013, about a year from now. Those that already bypassed can make a call and get in the next available class in seniority order. Some may opt to get back before a merger, the 13% equity stake question, etc. It may bring a slightly higher acceptance rate, but I think they will burn through the rest of the list over the next year. IMHO

from what I saw of the APA proposed T/A, by year 3 you'll make more there as a narrow body FO than you do as a Captain at Allegiant..add to that 16% retirement (401K).. you not going back?

Latest resources

Back