AA announces recalls starting Jan 2013

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
- How many are still out?

- Is it 800(ish) to be offered recall yet of the 1600 total on furlough?

- Of the 800 that have been offered recall but bypassed, how many do you aa guys think will return when the "take it or leave it" call comes? My guess is 1/3rd of the total 1600 which is about 500 to 600 will take the recall. Just my WAG based on what I remember from the AAA recall during 2006 to 2008.

- What kind of DOH do eagle guys get wrt the flow up?

Last edited:
1685 on furlough, of which 650 have yet to be offered recall.

Acceptance rate? Don't know. Many of those are CAs somewhere else and will probably not come back.

IMHO, the big kicker will be whether furloughees get a chunk of the claim if this TA passes. If they don't, I bet you'll see a pretty good acceptance rate.

Either way we slice it, they will get through the 650 pretty quick.

I believe Eagle pilots get original AE DOH for vacation purposes. Seniority wise, they come in at the year when they checked out as RJ CA. Pay wise is first year pay, although I'm not 100% sure.

Last edited:
Seniority wise, they come in at the year when they checked out as RJ CA. Pay wise is first year pay, although I'm not 100% sure.

Just to clarify - that means if an eagle guy upgraded in 1999 and flows over in 2013 he gets an AA DOH of 1999? I could see that being a huge issue in a merger.

Or is it that they come over and go to the bottom of AA but in their eagle seniority order. For example when the wholly owned guys came to US mainline we were tacked to the bottom of the mainline list in our wholly owned seniority. The only thing retained from wholly owned to mainline was DOH for travel privileges.

Just to clarify - that means if an eagle guy upgraded in 1999 and flows over in 2013 he gets an AA DOH of 1999? I could see that being a huge issue in a merger.

Or is it that they come over and go to the bottom of AA but in their eagle seniority order. For example when the wholly owned guys came to US mainline we were tacked to the bottom of the mainline list in our wholly owned seniority. The only thing retained from wholly owned to mainline was DOH for travel privileges.

No, I'm pretty sure if he upgraded to RJ CA in '99, he comes in at '99 seniority at AA. At least that's how all of the past AE FTs have been slotted in. I know for a fact b/c about 50 or so came in above me in the last couple of years (I'm a 2/00 hire.)

I think there is about 250 eagle guys with numbers on the AA list, but 154 of them are on the very bottom. 824 don't have numbers but will be mixed in with new hires

No, I'm pretty sure if he upgraded to RJ CA in '99, he comes in at '99 seniority at AA. At least that's how all of the past AE FTs have been slotted in. I know for a fact b/c about 50 or so came in above me in the last couple of years (I'm a 2/00 hire.)

In the late 90's RJ Captains received seniority numbers with the next class that was hired at AA. They served out their 24 months as an RJ Captain and then were to be put in the next new hire class with their original seniority number but with zero longevity. Those are the original guys, Then there are the guys that are coming over as a result of the grievance award. I'm not sure what the details are for those pilots. I can't believe these issues are still alive and well all these years later.

Latest resources

Back