AA announces recall

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey InstructorDude (Future Airline Pilot),

You are exactly the kind of person who is ruining this industry. Someday, you'll be excited to fly a Virgin America A320 for $80k max captain pay, crappy work rules and no retirement. Once enough pilots like you take those jobs, all the rest of us will have to take another round of paycuts.

Why don't you take all that youthful energy and go to law school?
Why are you posting on here with 850+ bug smasher hours anyway?

Most of the folks on this forum are old and only have one job skill - flying. So, we are basically stuck in this f-ed up industry. Don't you read anything that is posted on here?

Come to your senses now, before you are $50,000 in debt for your ratings. After that, you will be stuck just like the rest of us.

I honestly don't get people like you.

You are exactly the kind of person who is ruining this industry. Someday, you'll be excited to fly a Virgin America A320 for $80k max captain pay, crappy work rules and no retirement. Once enough pilots like you take those jobs, all the rest of us will have to take another round of paycuts.

I'm not ruining anything. And no, I would not be interested in making only 80K at Virgin. 100K and we got a deal though. That is some serious cash.

Why don't you take all that youthful energy and go to law school?

I need to graduate from college first. I ain't exactly law school material anyway.

Why are you posting on here with 850+ bug smasher hours anyway?
I need to update my profile. I've got 2000+ now.

You're entitled to your opinion, I'm entitled to mine.

I'm not ruining anything. And no, I would not be interested in making only 80K at Virgin. 100K and we got a deal though. That is some serious cash.

I'm making $155,000 plus 10% bonus at my current (non-pilot) job and TRUST me.. it's not that serious.. I've got a middle/upper middle class home in Phoenix, a wife and two little kids.. between their expenses, the mortgage, and the car payment, I've got hardly $1000 per month to save for the day I retire.

$100K/yr works out to (after taxes) about $6200/month.. with the average home costing $500-600K in most parts of the country where you don't get lynched or mugged going outside, and rates at 6.5% and climbing, you're looking at $3000/month with 20% down, if you've only got 5% down, now you're well north of $3500/mo for your mortgage.. add to that a $500/600 month car payment (typical $30K car).. insurance, bills, unexpected expenses, food, etc... you're not at $6000/mo... this is before the vacation, or private school for you kid who's too smart for the local public schools..

And you think flying a $230M 747 20+ days a month is worth that? I've got a friend who's a bottom dweller corporate lawyer for U-Haul and he pulls down $150,000 salary, and another friend who's a computer engineer (low level), and he's drawing $165,000 working as a project engineer at Intel. I'm making my money working less than 40/hrs a week managing commercial real estate.. get real dude... $100K a year is lower middle class wages these days.. And forget about all of that if you're living in California, NY, NJ or any other coastal major cities!

If your attitude is typical of the "future" airline pilots, they maybe I need to forget about returning to American...

I'm making $155,000 plus 10% bonus at my current (non-pilot) job and TRUST me.. it's not that serious.. I've got a middle/upper middle class home in Phoenix, a wife and two little kids.. between their expenses, the mortgage, and the car payment, I've got hardly $1000 per month to save for the day I retire.

$100K/yr works out to (after taxes) about $6200/month.. with the average home costing $500-600K in most parts of the country where you don't get lynched or mugged going outside, and rates at 6.5% and climbing, you're looking at $3000/month with 20% down, if you've only got 5% down, now you're well north of $3500/mo for your mortgage.. add to that a $500/600 month car payment (typical $30K car).. insurance, bills, unexpected expenses, food, etc... you're not at $6000/mo... this is before the vacation, or private school for you kid who's too smart for the local public schools..

And you think flying a $230M 747 20+ days a month is worth that? I've got a friend who's a bottom dweller corporate lawyer for U-Haul and he pulls down $150,000 salary, and another friend who's a computer engineer (low level), and he's drawing $165,000 working as a project engineer at Intel. I'm making my money working less than 40/hrs a week managing commercial real estate.. get real dude... $100K a year is lower middle class wages these days.. And forget about all of that if you're living in California, NY, NJ or any other coastal major cities!

If your attitude is typical of the "future" airline pilots, they maybe I need to forget about returning to American...

I heard the average middle class wage was around 45K? I guess it depends on your spending habits. For a single guy though, 100 K is alot.

Typical month of spending for a single guy:

Mortgage : 1500
Food: 500
IROC costs: 750
Strip clubs 1000
Beer 100
Utiliites 300

Total cost: $4150

That leaves 2000 left over for the wife and kids if you got them. Not bad at all.

With that haircut and driving an IROC, you must pick up a lot chicks cruising the mall parking lot.

(just kidding around here)

I had some check airman guy tell me to get it cut. In the back of my head I was like what ever buddy.

I do well with the chicks though.

I heard the average middle class wage was around 45K? I guess it depends on your spending habits. For a single guy though, 100 K is alot.

Typical month of spending for a single guy:

Mortgage : 1500 :laugh:
Food: 500
IROC costs: 750
Strip clubs 1000 (At least you have your priorities straight.)
Beer 100
Utiliites 300

Total cost: $4150

That leaves 2000 left over for the wife and kids if you got them. Not bad at all.

Thanks man! This is great. :beer:

Latest resources

Back