• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
especially when its painted in its asylum green paint scheme,

Clavin,

That color would be otherwise referred to as "Institutional Green". :D

Only 17 more -80s to go and I'll have flown the whole fleet.. yeah baby!

P.S. Ship 203 (N203AA) is outta here, our first ever Md80, roasting out in ROW..:(

.....but it's good to use the VORs and hand fly as well. I have flown with a lot of pilots that don't open a chart, dial in the VORs or set the ADF to the OM/NDB frequency. They totally depend on the FMS.

I still have yet to meet an airplane I don't like.

Behave yourself in Subic Bay!:)

Jeff

AMEN brotha'!

Clavin,

That color would be otherwise referred to as "Institutional Green". :D

Only 17 more -80s to go and I'll have flown the whole fleet.. yeah baby!

P.S. Ship 203 (N203AA) is outta here, our first ever Md80, roasting out in ROW..:(

po-TAY-tow
po-TAH-tow

I kept track of which 757/767s I flew, but they made it easy by putting all the tail #s in front of the red book.......or grey book, I forget.

But since being displaced to the -80, I have lost all interest.

You like Radio Disney, doncha Patriot?

Will you be my "Barbie girl"? :blush:

Don't ask too many times.. you might not like the answer..

Was that you taking off in one of them supah 80s out of EWR around 1730 on the 14th? Man, I nearly dove for cover in the F-lot at the end of 22R. The sound of car alarms was incredible.

t6av8r

How quickly you forget how Alaska Airlines unsuccessfully tried to fly the MD-80 upside down off the coast of Los Angeles and crashed into the Pacific Ocean. Killing how many? God rest their souls, they tried to fly it but couldn't. Can you imagine if it had been on film...

Before you spout off, have a clue!

You can thank Alaska maint for that little number. I really don't see how these two accidents relate, do you? If maint had done their job, there wouldn't have been the attempt at the outside loop. When I pull back on the yoke I want to know that the elevator is going to move. When I push forward on the throttles I want to know that the engines will respond. I don't want to put my faith in an airplane with "logic".

The 80 does not suck for pax. Business folks love it

Yes, we do. Very comfy. :)

And speaking of magenta lines ... I got to fly a new C90 last weekend with all the boxes. I could see how all that info/capability could spoil a feller. You airline guys on the new iron got it made. :D

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back