• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA 757's...could it be??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OZ, TWA... doesn't matter, pilots from both those airlines taught me more about the 80 in one year than I learned over the course of 5. Great group of aviators!

P.S. AAflyer, I bet you call for "Climb thrust" instead of "Climb power", yeah?

Who? Me?:eek:

I am going to need some retraining before going to another base.

AAflyer

They wont start expanding till the TWA FA's that are on furlough have their recall rights expire, then we will see growth at AA.

Talk amongst yourselves. A buddy of mine who's not in flight ops at AA, but works there in some capacity came up with this.

AA will 'sell' the 757 fleet to FedEx.

At 12 A/C per year transfer starting in 2007, AA will be paid for winglets and cargo conversions as well as win a contract for oodles and oodles of FedEx heavy MX. Take advantage of the 757 when the value is the highest.

AA will sign a deal for 120 A320 series A/C delivered at 24 per year for the next 4 years 2007-11. These will be a mix of 12 320, to replace the 757 on domestic runs, and 12 319, to begin the MD80 replacement. Yes, at 150 seats (320) and 120 (319) we will be reducing the capacity and increasing demand while maintaining flight hours. These leases will be for 20 years and nearly free upfront as Airbus is desperate, and will end between 2027-31. The Airbus will be returned to the leaser and forgotten at that point, because...

Approx 2 hours after the Airbus deal is signed AA will announce the launch and purchase of the 797, 500 units, that will enter in 2012 and replace the remaining MD80s (250) and 757 (76) between 2012-22 and continue at that point to replace the 737 from 2023-25 and finally the 320 from 2026-30.

Also will be the announcement for the 787 replacing the A300 and 767 fleets, only a mere 120 units, small potatoes.

AA needs Airbus and they need AA. Plus the last thing AA wants to do is prolong the 737 production line. P&W is far along with the GTF that should be the pin in this whole plan.

How would they order the 797 if Boeing has not committed to anything more then a research stage? This kinda sounds like something I would expect to read at Airliners....

I love the 80--Hit the IAS/MACH button, pull the throttles to idle and watch it try to do an outside loop! :eek: ;) TC

At least the MD80 didn't stop the Airbus demo pilot from going around and crashing in the trees, killing how many? Give me cables and old fashioned steam guages any day. The only good thing about an A320 series is that you have a place to put your crew meal................oh yeah, we don't get those anymore anyway.

At least the MD80 didn't stop the Airbus demo pilot from going around and crashing in the trees, killing how many?
Try doing a little research next time. That plane started it's go-around as soon as the captain decided to push the throttles foward. He f-ed up by not fully understanding the airplane's logic.

Try doing a little research next time. That plane started it's go-around as soon as the captain decided to push the throttles foward. He f-ed up by not fully understanding the airplane's logic.

Negative Sir. He pushed the throttles forward, nothing happened. Then worried about the situation, he pulled them to idle and quickly pushed them forward again, then impact.

During the airshow, the aircraft was being flown by manually, so the plane did not "start it's go-around as soon as the captain decided to push the throttles forward".

AirDisaster.Com: Investigations: Air France 296

Latest resources

Back