• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA 757 off runway at ORD

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I heard him on Freq. this afternoon coming over the Lake he said he was down to one radio and asked if he could switch off center Freq. Don't know the airplane but if you are down to one radio that usually means you have a rather bad electrical problem. It sounds like everyone got on the ground okay.

Pilot didn't over shoot anything. He touched down exactly where he should have. The plane just wouldn't stop. Significant amount of debree from the tires. I watched the entire thing unfold.

GOOD JOB guys

Pilot didn't over shoot anything. He touched down exactly where he should have. The plane just wouldn't stop. Significant amount of debree from the tires. I watched the entire thing unfold.

At least he picked the shortest runway to land on.:(

Yeah, I don't want to get involved but we were landing RWY 14R today too

All's well that ends (mostly) well. Good job.

I wonder if the reason they took the shortest runway was because it was the closest and they might have thought there was some sort of electrical fire in progress?

"Halfway off the runway"? Well, that ain't good, but it sure ain't as dramatic as the headline "Airplane OVERSHOOTS runway".

One thing is certain . . . you can't believe ANYTHING about this by reading press reports. And OMFG . . there's already a wikipedia entry on this.

Last edited:
Don't know the airplane but if you are down to one radio that usually means you have a rather bad electrical problem.

Or a flight attendant spilled two cups of coffee on the cockpit aft aisle stand where the radio controls are.

Don't laugh, it's happened.

Yeah, I don't want to get involved but we were landing RWY 14R today too

Gonna be hearing this again. I don't Monday morning qb, but the naysayers will be on this detail like flies on sh!t. Although based on flight track it appears 22R was the closest option. Must of had some serious elec problem and needed to get down ASAP.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back