AA 3Q Loss

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AA717driver said:
Do a search on posts from CSY and me if you want to enjoy a pi$$ing contest.

Read the report by the consultants hired by APA if you REALLY want to feel good about AA's future as a non-Ch.11 carrier... NOT!

Enjoy---

http://www.stlapa.org/pdf/ACAReview.pdf

(Sorry, cut and paste to a window.)TC

TC,

Hope things are going well for you.

As for CSY I wouldn't pay him much attention. He was in my newhire class. A very very very nice guy but a little misguided in my opinion. He is a harmless salty dog with a love of the ocean. He almost quit AA during newhire training but his wife made him come back. (True Story I heard it with my own ears.)

As for the ACA review I really have my doubts. I am beginning to think that some of the folks at the PDP may be on to something. Looks like Ralph et al will do anything to keep their retirement. The concession stand is open and AMR will be able to take what they wish. All this while the AE Stew's get a 50%+ pay raise.

Lets you and I be very very very very very thankful this Thanksgiving that we are both far away from this mess and this oncoming train wreck.

One question though. Have you sold your options yet. I am close but am a little gun shy. Should I pull the trigger?

Dangerkitty said:
As for CSY I wouldn't pay him much attention. He was in my newhire class. A very very very nice guy but a little misguided in my opinion. He is a harmless salty dog with a love of the ocean. He almost quit AA during newhire training but his wife made him come back. (True Story I heard it with my own ears.)

I think he is more than just a little misguided. The AA-types don't even jump in at his BS. Too, much distortion and negative vibes!!!

As for the ACA review I really have my doubts. I am beginning to think that some of the folks at the PDP may be on to something. Looks like Ralph et al will do anything to keep their retirement. The concession stand is open and AMR will be able to take what they wish. All this while the AE Stew's get a 50%+ pay raise.

I assume you meant APA review. They are priming the rank and file for concessions. I think they should grandfather the current retirement and adapt a Direct Account Plan (DAP), much like the Air Tran 10.5%. TWA adapted a DAP that was 14.3% of the monthly groos income before taxes. Once the contribution was made, the company can't touch it.

I would like to see the APA propose a 100-seat rate between the current AE RJ rates and the F100 (or B717, etc. rates at other carriers). This would allow furloughees to come back and the AE flow throughs to flow through.

Lets you and I be very very very very very thankful this Thanksgiving that we are both far away from this mess and this oncoming train wreck.

One question though. Have you sold your options yet. I am close but am a little gun shy. Should I pull the trigger?

I still have my 969 shares and holding. You will loose 1/3 of the amount you cash in to taxes and fees. I keep mine in a file next to my TWA ESOP certificates. I hope to wallpaper the powder room someday.

Let's all just get along!

Hey dangeridiot Can't make up your own mind can ya?

Oh and nobody asked YOU about your wallet!

Last edited:
Anyway

Back to the original title of the topic. We actually lost 95 million after those "cute" special items..... Remember when DAL lost 1.4 Billion in on the past quarters?

We kept our cash position around 3.4 Billion, and another 500 million in restricted cash (total 3.9) roughly what we had at the end of the 2nd quarter. Considering this has been a very trying year, and Jet A is at historical prices it is a pretty good performance.

Still not sure why some would like to see thousands of families out on the street because of personal feelings. Look at DAL and NWA, and look at how it is causing havok with their affiliate carriers, local economies etc.

Anyway, it could have been better, and certainly could have been worse.

AAflyer

Kitty--I saw a price of $12 and I couldn't get rid of my options fast enough. I could have a really nice boat with the money I've lost on TWA and AA stock...:( :rolleyes:

AAflyer--Unfortuately, I've seen this type of thing before with APA and PDP. What is needed is a rational middle group that sees both sides. It didn't happen at TWA and probably won't happen here.

What we ended up with at TWA was an endless trench war with leaders being recalled every six months as one side or the other gained a small amount of leverage. This happened all the way up to the merger when we had exactly the wrong group running the union at exactly the wrong time.

The problem is you have 'line-in-the-sand radicals' like Sammy who won't compromise with anyone and people on the other side who are camping on Arpey's doorstep with bags of the employee's money waiting for him to come out and collect it.

I hope this can be worked out and everyone can prosper.

"What's in MY wallet?" Dust. ;) TC

That about sums it up for Red and Blue!

AA717driver said:
Kitty--I saw a price of $12 and I couldn't get rid of my options fast enough. I could have a really nice boat with the money I've lost on TWA and AA stock...:( :rolleyes:

AAflyer--Unfortuately, I've seen this type of thing before with APA and PDP. What is needed is a rational middle group that sees both sides. It didn't happen at TWA and probably won't happen here.

What we ended up with at TWA was an endless trench war with leaders being recalled every six months as one side or the other gained a small amount of leverage. This happened all the way up to the merger when we had exactly the wrong group running the union at exactly the wrong time.

The problem is you have 'line-in-the-sand radicals' like Sammy who won't compromise with anyone and people on the other side who are camping on Arpey's doorstep with bags of the employee's money waiting for him to come out and collect it.

I hope this can be worked out and everyone can prosper.

"What's in MY wallet?" Dust. ;) TC

A very good post!

I think the middle ground should be over the 100-seat flying at mainline with pay between the CRJ at AE and the F100. Bring back the furloughees and let the AE flow-throughs flow on through! Give the LCCs a little competition with similar equipment, prices and ammenities connected to a global network and FF program.

In the end it will be about the most senior APA pilots protecting their A fund at all costs and AA management securing a Golden parachute and for the rank-and-file a golden ________. (You can fill in the blank!)

Where is that umbrella a bought at the Dollar Store?

Jeff Helgeson said:
I think the middle ground should be over the 100-seat flying at mainline with pay between the CRJ at AE and the F100. Bring back the furloughees and let the AE flow-throughs flow on through! Give the LCCs a little competition with similar equipment, prices and ammenities connected to a global network and FF program.
Can I nominate you for AMR CEO?

LAXSaabdude.

Latest resources

Back