• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A380 Lands at KLAX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, when you guys learn how to land an airplane with some finesse we will stop!

CRED ALERT!

After you've actually landed an aircraft with a landing gear truck that weighs more than the aircraft you're flying right now...log on and give us some lessons!

(sheesh!)

It definitely looked like the number 1 reverser did not deploy.. Either way, the guys I fly with that have Airbus time tell me its very hard to have a bad landing.

Actually the A380 only has reversers on 2 and 3. From what I understand, Airbus did not want to put any reversers on it. However the FAA made it a requirement for them if they wanted it to fly in the US.

Did anyone else see the large rudder inputs the pilot made just after touch down this morning at KLAX with the A380?

The touch down on the 4 mains was smooth but with the nose wheel still up in the air, the pilot went into reverse thrust (you could see the reverser cowlings on the engines sliding aft, indicating he had initiated reverse thrust) almost immediately the a/c lerched to the left as I saw the huge rudder deflect to the left - then he corrected back to centerline and you could see it lerch back to the center of the runway.

This a/c only had Airbus flight test crews on board. The only other landing I saw was a few months ago when Airbus flight test landed at some airshow in Europe - that landing was absolutely terrible - unstable approach, rocking wings and rocking touch down!!

Any see how the landing went at KJFK?

Looks like we have the character to base "40 year old virgin 2" on. You are a dork man get a life. Its french there fore we don't care.

Are you flying in the US right now? If so, you have a lot of nerve to say that when you are taking our jobs away from us.
Flying in US and always have been! I'm not taking your job away from you because you are never going to get anywhere with your attitude

Latest resources

Back