• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A380 in JFK

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's not like these things will be rolling in like a flock of RJ's. So there might be a couple of them a day, so what? Deal with it and move on.
I guess it can be a big deal when ATC can go all day without a 10 mile hole to work with. Planning for each one can be pretty tough and might have to go all the way out to the Center.

I guess it can be a big deal when ATC can go all day without a 10 mile hole to work with. Planning for each one can be pretty tough and might have to go all the way out to the Center.

This may be true, and I understand how it will take a big hole, but it's not like the thing got a pop-up over Madison, they know it's coming.

This may be true, and I understand how it will take a big hole, but it's not like the thing got a pop-up over Madison, they know it's coming.

"super" huh. I guess that is why it is so late and so far under performance and over budget! Hey, I don't know what the all up weight on that thang is but the soviets launched one of their AN-225's at about 1,220,000 pounds back in 90 or so...

Took airbus 17 years to catch up to the Soviets. Now that's really impressive!

You got it baby! That super "dumbo" will NEVER be as good as the majestic 747 and Airbus better look out when the 747-800 flies!! Good luck with it Airbus!

That's it. It's been christened. The A380 is now and forever 'super dumbo'.

roger..follow the super dumbo, cleared visual 25L....

It's landing at ORD today. 1250pm
The ORD controllers are having a fit about the 10miles in trail, saying it will drastically reduce capacity at ORD if those things start flying in here regularly.

Oh, that's just great...... If those Frenchies ever decide to bring the "Super Dumbo" into CLE, the already incredibly long final will stretch past Erie and close in on Buffalo for sure........:)

That's it. It's been christened. The A380 is now and forever 'super dumbo'.

roger..follow the super dumbo, cleared visual 25L....

It should be called the "Super Titanic". Or "STT" "Super Terrorist Target". Or "S*H*I*T", "Super Hurculean Incredible Transport"

In the landing video, did anyone notice the rudder going almost full travel in both directions..repeatedly....is that normal?

Good thing those Airbuses don't have any major tail structural problems:)

Their callsign should be "major tragedy" cause I can see something bad happening sometime in the future.

But than again....what do I know.

Latest resources

Back