• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A380 first flight on Wednesday!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jesus Christ, you guys. It's a neat, big, new airplane. Who gives a flying fark who built it? I am interested in seeing the big thing fly. Would you be more interested if the brits built it? How about the israelis? The japs? Whatever, I look forward to seeing someones idea on paper come to fruition in successful flight. Hope it's a safe flight for 'em! (friggin' cheese-eating surrender monkeys)

i second hugh jorgan's comments.

what time is it supposed to fly? will it be televised live?

buckdanny said:
Please don't hijack the thread unless you have something educated to say. For the reccord hardly any jet can take off with a full payload and full fuel; and that applies to Boeings as well. As far as go around procedures go on a jet, there is a very high workload and the more automations there are, the more the pilot can concentrate on flying the airplane. Keep in mind that a go around is not a hard thing to do and anybody can easily fly one. It is rather when something happens at the same time (such as an uncommended thrust reverser deploy in icing conditions and a 30 knots crosswind) that things start happening fast and the more automations you have, the more time you can dedicate to running checklists and dealing with the emmergency. I guess when you start flying jets you will understand what I mean, after all I was in your shoes 6 months ago and didn't know until I saw it for the first time in the sim...

Buck

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/photogallery/Videos/Airbus320_trees.mpg

Need I "say" more.

Yank McCobb said:
You have serious issues. Not satisfied with the size of your co*k, so therefore you have to post this crap about an Airbus? I fly Boeings. Always have. Always will (since I retire soon...) But I'm not so naive to belive they are 100% American any more than I am to believe that Airbus is 100% French.

What a putz.

I guess your 1000 hours in single engine pistons makes you an authority on the safe operating procedures in transport jets. :rolleyes:

To add to Cobb's lesson:

The Airbus is assembled in France, and the parts come from the UK, Germany, France and Spain. I believe the engines are GE but don't quote me on this.

The Boeing 777 had parts builts from all over the world. For example the vertical stabilize is Australian. It was a revolution because of the way it was engineered. The engineering software, CATIA (or with a K?) is French and has been used by Dassault for at least 15 years to design the Falcon series aircraft such as the F-2000. :)

Buck

Steveair said:

I did a 10 pages research paper on this in college some years back for my aviation safety class. They where doing things they were not supposed to do with the airplane. Just like any airplane, if you f*ck around too much with it and have it do things it's not supposed to do you get hurt.

Now if you really want to get into a pissing contest, how about the 767 that hit a mountain in South America 10 years ago? The missed approach called for a 180. Pilot turned the heading bug slightly beyond 180 degrees and the plane changed the turn in the other direction, unfortunately the direction towards the mountain and not away from it. The Airbus will always turn in the direction you initiate the turn even beyond 180 degrees and will not reverse the turn to go the shortest way.

Once again, don't post unless you have something educated to say and can backup your argument.

Buck

Ps: the TSA is hiring.

buckdanny said:
To add to Cobb's lesson:

The Airbus is assembled in France, and the parts come from the UK, Germany, France and Spain. I believe the engines are GE but don't quote me on this.

The Boeing 777 had parts builts from all over the world. For example the vertical stabilize is Australian. It was a revolution because of the way it was engineered. The engineering software, CATIA (or with a K?) is French and has been used by Dassault for at least 15 years to design the Falcon series aircraft such as the F-2000. :)

Buck

True, the A380 has a lot of the parts made here in the USA. Every high-end aircraft company uses CATIA (you spelled it correctly!) for design drafting. It's a global community for a reason. I can't wait for FedEx to get their first A380. Hopefully I'll retire on that thing in about 30 years!

buckdanny said:
I did a 10 pages research paper on this in college some years back for my aviation safety class. They where doing things they were not supposed to do with the airplane. Just like any airplane, if you f*ck around too much with it and have it do things it's not supposed to do you get hurt.

Ohh I see. So those pilots who made a low pass and then tried to apply power but the computer said "no, we're landing" and cut the power. Personally, I think an airplane should respond to control inputs.

As for your 767 example... that happens with any airplane.

Last time I checked, the Constituion still had freedom of speech. Maybe you should do something EDUCATED and put this in a Forum that isn't titled "Regional Interviews," as it has NOTHING to do with that subject.

PS - No there not moron... they're going out of business; just like Airbus would if it weren't subsidized so heavely.

Last edited:
Steveair said:
Ohh I see. So those pilots who made a low pass and then tried to apply power but the computer said "no, we're landing" and cut the power. Personally, I think an airplane should respond to control inputs.

As for your 767 example... that happens with any airplane.

PS - No there not moron... they're going out of business; just like Airbus would if it weren't subsidized so heavely.

Like I said, they were doing things the airplane was not supposed to do. The plane just was not designed to play low passes like that and the pilot did not set it correctly. The plane didn't know what it was doing and the pilot did not take it completely manual in time. In order for an airplane to respond to control inputs, you have to disconnect the autopilot. If you look for the cvr transcripts, you will see that they were having a party in there. The pilot called his buddy saying something like "hey, come up here it's gonna be great." The guy was just standing inside the cockpit watching and obviously died on impact.

As far as the 767 is concerned, I believe you are wrong and it's not like that with any aircraft: the 767 will take the shortest turn towards the heading bug and will change the direction of turn if the bug turns beyond 180 degrees. Maybe Cobb can elaborate on this? The Airbus will turn the direction you turn the bug regardless. And so does the CRJ for that matter.

Buck

Last edited:
Steveair said:
The French are an ally? That's laughable seeing as 1, they were against liberating Iraq and 2, they don't fight... they get invaded... we liberate them... and that makes them an ally? I think not.

The REALLY hilarious thing was when the French got pissed because the US didn't allow them to participate in the reconstruction of Iraq.

The world in equilibrium? Hardly... the US will dominate. Airbus products are inferior. They can NOT fly with a full cago load and full fuel. They are TERRIBLE on reliability & maintenance. They're service life is much less. The A380, which is able to fly into what, 6 airports in the world, is gonna flop hard.

PS - ANY airplane that has a go-around procedure of sliding your 3 position throttle to full and pulling all the way back on the "stick" and having a computer decide where to put the nose can go to h$ll. We're pilots for god sakes.

I look forward to the day when parts of the A380 are flown to the desert in a FedEx 727.

You don't know what you are talking about. Just cause there 's a computer in front of you, it doen't mean you have to use it.
Its bar lowerers like you that give real pilots a bad name.

Latest resources

Back