A320 Job Offer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Kjokmo....

Nice comments. He asked for advice and all the replys have been honest opinions. My comments about the marriage come from experience with a few friends that did exactly what he is talking about. Both lost their marriages for the reasons I mentioned. I always would hope that a marriage is stronger than that but from what I have seen they have not made it. Nobody should take advice from FI only and run with it, but it is an easy way to feel out your thoughts and ideas...hince the point of the site in the first place. You are right though...I would hope that someone would take all inputs (friends, family, co-workers, FI etc.) into consideration before making a big move like this.

Are you seriously going to listen to the idiots on this board for career advise??

spoken like a true king of all idiots on flightinfo..... no insight at all to what the original poster wanted and sh!ts on anyone that tries to give good advice. Bravo, you are now officially a d**** b**. Now crawl back under your rock you tool.

ps. I've never been the spelling police on flightinfo or anywhere else, but for you, how about a dictionary for your next post? How's that for advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you seriously going to listen to the idiots on this board for career advise??

Until your post, I thought that this was one of the most helpful and insightful I've seen lately.

You guys are so easy. :p

Newtor boy..........like I really give a Sh1t if I use proper grammer on this board. Loser!

Last edited:
Going to India for 800 hrs a year of SIC time? Your are nuts. SIC time is of no use...I have 8500 hours of SIC time and 5 type ratings (only 1200 PIC; 15 year FO) and can't get an interview with SWA.

Have you ever been to India? Not a garden spot. You will ruin your marriage and your life for 1600 hours of SIC and not be any more competitive than when you left US soil two years prior. Family is WAY more important.

There's probably a training bond too, right? Run, Forrest, Run!

Unit
No Way Bombay!

Don't Go

Unlike some of the other posters on this thread, I don't just know someone who lost their marriage chasing flying jobs around the world, I lost one myself.

The thought of the adventure and the "We'll just do this until we get recalled" crap works fine until you lose your marriage, your family, your money and your dignity.

God, I just wish I would have taken a job at Home Depot and stayed home.

I'm not kidding, I just don't think it's worth it.

Good luck with your decision.

A bit off the subject, but it sure seems like the original post pretty well summed up why we must remain "protectionist" about our US airline industry. If the floodgates are opened this peach of a job will be available in the US; and guess what? US pilots will take it to get the 320 time so they can get a good job - only there won't be any left.

PIPE

If she is not from India also, you may develop a classic case of Aviation Divorce Syndrome.

Isn't it Aviation Induced Divorce Syndrome, AIDS? I had AIDS, but was cured with another marriage.

Do a search for a poster on flightinfo...typhoonpilot. I believe he has some experience about foreign carrier hiring, QOL, etc.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back