• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A319 Take Off at Austin question...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Didn't Eastern fly 727's into EYW? I know that Piedmont ( the real one) flew F-28's in there

You're right--Eastern did fly 727's there, although from what I understand they were weight restricted. Piedmont flew their F-28's there quite a bit as part of their Florida Shuttle in the late 80's--we flew on one when I was a kid.

Oh the airplane is capable. Not even saying it's dangerous. Why do we take intersection takeoffs? Either because it's normal ops as in the case on 32L T10 in ORD or to save time/fuel. My point is I wouldn't go chopping the runway in half just to save my company a few dollars. Sure it's safe if the numbers say so but I don't get paid more for reducing my margin. Do you or anyone else on this board? Esspecially to act as if I'm saving my airline one flight at a time.

As opposed to killing your airline one flight at a time?
wtf?
In every choice you make- you need to multiply that by every crew in the company... wasting money under the guise of safety is ridiculous and steals credibility from the unions. If you're comfortable out of a 7000' rwy- you should be comfortable from an intersection w/ 7000 remaining. CEO's are killing american industry- but it's this mentality that is helping motivate them to kill unionism.

As opposed to killing your airline one flight at a time?
wtf?
In every choice you make- you need to multiply that by every crew in the company... wasting money under the guise of safety is ridiculous and steals credibility from the unions. If you're comfortable out of a 7000' rwy- you should be comfortable from an intersection w/ 7000 remaining. CEO's are killing american industry- but it's this mentality that is helping motivate them to kill unionism.

That's laughable. I'd be killing my airline financially by making full length takeoffs? Of course I'[m comfortable making takeoffs on 7000 or even 6000 foot runways......when that's all that's available or restricted by normal airport ops. Too many of you folks think your airline management. Your not. We could be asset managers but unless your at one of the two or three best airline gigs going, you're only getting paid to fly from point A to point B safely. Nothing else. If they want me to go above and beyond they have to F'n pay for it.

CEO's are killing american industry- but it's this mentality that is helping motivate them to kill unionism.

Your wrong. What motivates them are the weak F'n D*** head pilots that let them continuously rape them that management can't help themselves from coming back to the whooooores that keep giving it up. They're sex addicts and most in our industry love to lay on their back.

Your something else. By your F'd up logic maybe we shouldn't do anything to piss of those management guys. We wouldn't want to motivate them to retaliate. And you think my mentality is F'd? HUH???????? Better not act like a true unionist or those big bad management guys are gonna get motivated. You can't be in a union with that attitude dude. Did you happen to sneak into one?

My airline has a weak weak weak bankruptcy contract because of fools that had your mentality. You think you're saving yourself but in reality all they did was make folks like you feel like it was in your best interest to dig your own grave.

yeah-- you're right-- i'm the weak one. I'm the reason you're under your contract. Gov't wasn't involved- and abuse of BK laws wasn't either... right? Wrong- but at some point you have to ask yourself why there was the political will to rape airline pilots?

You need to do everyone who's actually working in unions a favor and keep our credibility high by doing your job. A big part of that is maximizing you and your a/c's capabilities to earn $$. G'damned hard to get you a raise if there's no money in the coffers and you keep burning it in the operation for no reason at all. If it's to send a message to mgmt- then do it- but DO IT ORGANIZED! You all by yourself, setting little untrackable fires does nothing for our cause.

I fight for your right to money earned. Key word: EARNED. You ARE an asset manager- there's no getting around that responsibility- and it's the main argument for getting paid well. If you don't take on the task- then i can't go to the company and say you are valuable. Do you see my point? Why you would want to perpetuate the idea that pilots are just commodities- like fuel- is beyond me. We need to get them to realize that our decisions and capabilities have very real marketable value. That doesn't happen if you act like a weak-d!cked aviator and can't get an airplane off a 7000' rwy intersection to save a few hundred lbs.
If you can't do that - and do it safely- you don't need to be doing this job- and i don't particularly feel like fighting for your right to do this job-- A big part of the paycuts has come from the perception that this job has been dumbed down to keep the lowest common denominators out of trouble....
how about we just kick those guys out of the industry instead, and let the good pilots earn their money by their performance.
Whether you can admit it or not- it's what southwest has been doing to us for 30 years

You need to do everyone who's actually working in unions a favor and keep our credibility high by doing your job. A big part of that is maximizing you and your a/c's capabilities to earn $$. G'damned hard to get you a raise if there's no money in the coffers and you keep burning it in the operation for no reason at all.

Who the F are you preaching to? You've already made a crucial mistake. You've indicated that you're concerned about whats in the company's coffers to gage what you may or may not be able to get or deserve. You want money because your airline is in a good cash position? No problem. They can take care of the bull sh** with the stroke of a pen and an earnings report. You must be a rookie. You sound smart but you really don't know what you're talking about and are probably in over your head if your dealing with airline management that has played this game before.

Go save some fuel and stick your neck out to build up those company coffers. I'm sure they'll pat you on the head and give you a doggy bone. You're lost.

Look-- i can't even argue that. B/c that's what they've done. Exec's are a big cause of this recession. Taking too much- cooking books. Who's motivated to perform in this environment? You'd be stupid to care.

I'm not saying it's everything- it just lacks credibility if you call the intersection t/o a "SAFETY" issue when you takeoff out of SNA and JAC all day long. What you're saying is that you don't care to take effort to save $$ and fuel... that's different and an attitude most execs have earned -- Just call it what it is and don't hide under the safety banner.

Look-- i can't even argue that. B/c that's what they've done. Exec's are a big cause of this recession. Taking too much- cooking books. Who's motivated to perform in this environment? You'd be stupid to care.

I'm not saying it's everything- it just lacks credibility if you call the intersection t/o a "SAFETY" issue when you takeoff out of SNA and JAC all day long. What you're saying is that you don't care to take effort to save $$ and fuel... that's different and an attitude most execs have earned -- Just call it what it is and don't hide under the safety banner.

I didn't say it was unsafe but what I did say is that I won't decrease my margin just to save my company a few dollars unless they pay me for it. I won't go above and beyond until they pay me enough to go above and beyond.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back