• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A very effective alternative to a strike

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
exsky, yes they would. You can always get a management job doing anything with a Harvard MBA, they would just move to another $XXM job

NWA seems to have a pretty good scam going. They have canceled 600 flights in the last 4 days due to an unusually high sick call rate by the pilots.

Sorry but I was brought up with a different work ethic and I won't compromise that for anybody or anything. If you want a raise then you put your best foot forward and show that you can do your job better than the next guy. That's the way it's done in the real world. This us vs. them mentallity, and we gotta make em bleed to show we mean business is one of the big reasons organized labor is a dying breed in this country.

We sit here and organize slowdowns etc. that do nothing but screw our passengers for our own personal gain. Then we picket and expect the publics sympathy for our cause:rolleyes: ?? Give me a break.

Let us know when the VP of flight ops just gives you a raise because you are doing a good job. How long have you been in this industry junior?

When its contract time and if your looking for a lousy raise and horrible work rules, the above work ethic is the way to go.

OK then, well maybe I'd then give them a few weeks notice and state in no uncertain terms that IF they don't reach an agreement in XXX days THEN we well use more fuel. In other words give them a chance to do the right thing but make it clear what will happen if they do not! Pretty simple!

Last edited:
exsky, yes they would. You can always get a management job doing anything with a Harvard MBA, they would just move to another $XXM job

A significant number of pilots could replace their income and improve their quality of life immediately at Home Depot, Lowes, or Menards. Most pilots have a college education, and many have the wherewithal and/or experience to excel in the corporate world. Management's threats to shut down companies over what pilots make is laughable. If corporate America wants to hire executives who take profitable companies into bankruptcy, we have much bigger problems in this country than airline pilot's pay and work rules.

when the company can no longer control it's employee's it will fail. one way to keep control is to keep them happy. IE. work rules, QOL, pay and benefits.
with out the back bone of the company (employee's) the the mind ( managers) of the company is worthless.

Drewblows I go back to an old post. My brother a mid level manager with GM does not make 6 figures, he has master's in business and nearly 30 years of service at GM. It is considered a good job by most. Airline pilots make more than that. Maybe this thread, or someplace else there was news article that said pilots now have to live on 182K/ yr. in stead of 250K/kr. 182K is still a fantastic income. Few pilots could go anywhere else and make that money.

..... Maybe this thread, or someplace else there was news article that said pilots now have to live on 182K/ yr. in stead of 250K/kr. 182K is still a fantastic income. Few pilots could go anywhere else and make that money.

Including over 90% of airline jobs currently available. That 182K number is an absolute crock - MOST airline pilots flying today will never see it.

Lets include all of the regional jobs which now comprise (Only a GUESS) as much as 20,000 of the total - the vast majority make less than 100,000 with the majority less than 50,000.

Excluding SW, FEDEX and UPS (<10,000 pilots) most of the majors pay junk for the first several years. 10 year narrowbody FO's at UAL, AA, USAir, NW all make less than 100,000.

Sad but true
Murk

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back