• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A Quick F9 .... answer b4 the feces keep getting thrown

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OK, that's 11 posts more or less on topic. Fling it if you've got it!

40% pay raise for the F9 F/O's, gone. Job security for F9 pilots, gone. Was it worth it? Doesn't matter to me. I would rather hire pilots who want to be @ WN and grow on our own. A pilot who has been hired and not acquired is the one I would rather be sitting next to. What did Republic do to the Midwest guys after they took over? Not try to be a smart a$$ on that one, just asking. Everything else, smart a$$. I know I sound like a jerk, actually not the intention. My point is this, WN made a fair offer to a group of great people over @ F9, and in todays environment, job security is a good thing to have. If you can use "job security" and "airline pilot" in the same sentence. "Stapled" with a 40% pay raise and job security? I'll take that any day.

Fire away

There is no guaranteed fleet size for the Airbus that I am aware of. I would not be surprised if Bedford sold SOME of the Airbii to raise a little capital going forward. That said, the Airbus brings capabilities to RAH that none of the Embraers bring. The Airbus has reliable coast to coast capability, and is equipped for overwater flights to the Caribbean and Mexico. The Ejet will never have that range, and will require some modifications for those overwater routes. Your Airbii are currently profitable overall, and Bedford NEEDS reliable income to appease investors. You may see certain Airbus routes taken over by E190's, but I think the Airbii will be reassigned to other routes. And again, I do think some planes WILL be sold (maybe some A318's) to raise capital. The Airbus offers more options for expansion, and is still an efficient airplane that offers customer appeal and mechanical reliability.

My point is this, WN made a fair offer to a group of great people over @ F9, and in todays environment, job security is a good thing to have. If you can use "job security" and "airline pilot" in the same sentence. "Stapled" with a 40% pay raise and job security? I'll take that any day.

Fire away

bottom of the list + getting rid of the Airbus fleet does NOT equal job security.

There is no guaranteed fleet size for the Airbus that I am aware of. I would not be surprised if Bedford sold SOME of the Airbii to raise a little capital going forward.

problem is f9 doesn't own any airbusses, or anything for that matter, it was all sold/leveraged to keep us going through the bankruptcy process.

Hey lets hope RAH does not agree with SWA about what is fair...Straight staple.
Right now it is not a good thing to be at the bottom of anyones list...Sure SWA thought F9 guys/gals would be a nice furlough cushion for their list. "Oh but we have never furloughed," history is not always the best predictor of future events, and SWA would rather have a first time for everything event at the exspense of f9 guy/gals than their own.
En Mort main

Hey lets hope RAH does not agree with SWA about what is fair...Straight staple.
Right now it is not a good thing to be at the bottom of anyones list...Sure SWA thought F9 guys/gals would be a nice furlough cushion for their list. "Oh but we have never furloughed," history is not always the best predictor of future events, and SWA would rather have a first time for everything event at the exspense of f9 guy/gals than their own.
En Mort main

Swapa may have moved from a "straight staple" if FAPA was willing to talk. FAPA position was their 1994 DOH was equal to SWA 1972 DOH. And you talk about fair??

Swapa may have moved from a "straight staple" if FAPA was willing to talk. FAPA position was their 1994 DOH was equal to SWA 1972 DOH. And you talk about fair??
So the goal was to low ball knowing that straight staple was unfair even though time was a factor. Was is really FAPA or SWAPA that threw negotiations?
Fairness is often times in the eye of the beholder....
En Mort Main

There is no guaranteed fleet size for the Airbus that I am aware of. I would not be surprised if Bedford sold SOME of the Airbii to raise a little capital going forward. That said, the Airbus brings capabilities to RAH that none of the Embraers bring. The Airbus has reliable coast to coast capability, and is equipped for overwater flights to the Caribbean and Mexico. The Ejet will never have that range, and will require some modifications for those overwater routes. Your Airbii are currently profitable overall, and Bedford NEEDS reliable income to appease investors. You may see certain Airbus routes taken over by E190's, but I think the Airbii will be reassigned to other routes. And again, I do think some planes WILL be sold (maybe some A318's) to raise capital. The Airbus offers more options for expansion, and is still an efficient airplane that offers customer appeal and mechanical reliability.

All of the A318s were going away even before RAH became interested in us. Menke does not like them (neither do the pilots) because they only hold 120 and don't burn much less fuel than the 320s. 4 of the 318s have already been replaced by 320s and more are on the way. Rumor is many 320s are coming on top of those replacing the 318s. Our 320s are config. to 162. Good for the east coast Costa Rica and DCA (which F9 has exclusive route authority).

Latest resources

Back