• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A quick end to your regional career.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It speaks volumes of someones character who cheats. I'm no angel when it comes to other things, but to cheat on a test truly means you're either unqualified or unable to study and retain the material. Pathetic.

Good point....I heard all but two of them weren't even gonna get reccomended to go to the sim anyway because they weren't cuttin it. Just what I heard though...

I don't think you can. I'm not sure if they were offered the option to resign, however if they did, it will still say "uneligible for re-hire" on their records. If they got fired, same result but worse.

I think these guys are going to have a real issue in the future especially if they expect to move to a major/NetJets type outfit.

Bad thing is they won't be able to lie about it, since it is now a permanent fixture on their training records at the FAA. Belive me, PSA submits everything to the PRIA. Even if they don't tell someone they even worked there, PSA is sure to send documentation to the FAA that they in fact were employed there and the reason for termination/resignation.

Don't lie about it. Or you will be worse off than you are now.

many companies have a "uneligible for rehire policy" in the U.S. I really believe some companies take it personally if you do not want to work for them anymore. I wonder if that has anything to do with management and labor in the U.S. unable to get along. No wonder everyone wants to go overseas to work, that should tell you something sport. thank god some companies do not believe everything they hear and read about a potential employee otherwise all of us would be up the creek with no paddles or a canoe.

It speaks volumes of someones character who cheats. I'm no angel when it comes to other things, but to cheat on a test truly means you're either unqualified or unable to study and retain the material. Pathetic.

Maybe because I always had some pride and always worked hard when it came to college and airplanes. Not that it matters, but every written from Private to ATP I had either a few 100%'s or nothing below a 98%. Never failed a checkride either. In fact, was always told I flew well at the end of my rides. Always made sure I was up on my game. You see, maybe it's an insecurity thing, but I always wanted to know the material well (if not better than the others) and enjoyed helping out others when it came time to study. Made retaining and understanding much more concrete too.

The next time I fly I will make sure the aircraft I am flying knows that I have never failed a checkride and see if that makes a difference. by the way, during my 30 year flying career I have had two friends who were major airline captains that were killed in airline accidents involving pilot error. Neither pilot failed any checkrides until their last flight.

You misconstrued my post.

Yes, I do believe it says a lot of the individuals character who foregoes studying over cheating. To each his own.

My attitude stems from what I believe in and how I approached any studying or training in my life. While it's true that I haven't failed a ride, it doesn't mean I am somehow better. Not failing a checkride DOES NOT mean you won't be involved in an incident or accident. I wasn't implying the opposite which your post seemed to address.

My point was anecdotal in that I tend to over-study and worry to the point of insecurity. That's how I am and why I've displayed this attitude towards those who take the easy road when it comes to exams.

It burns someone like myself who puts in a lot of time to study when others skate. It's no different than presenting your experience level with falsified logbook hours.

I'd just say that many in the class that were let go for whatever reason were former Skyway guys and others with 121 experience. They actually were probably one of the most experienced classes that RF had during his time as the one in charge of training.... Just a side note to all those who as purely speculating.

Doesn't surprise me. They got what they deserved then.

It does not even work this way, guys get your stuff straight before you post. PSA does not recommend for the sim. If anything they recommend for the oral... they do ORAL followed by SIM. Indoc and systems dont mean you are getting recommend for the SIM. It'd be the oral.... Get your stuff straight before spreading rumors.

It does not even work this way, guys get your stuff straight before you post. PSA does not recommend for the sim. If anything they recommend for the oral... they do ORAL followed by SIM. Indoc and systems dont mean you are getting recommend for the SIM. It'd be the oral.... Get your stuff straight before spreading rumors.

Actually, you could be fired (not recommended) at any point in ground school if the company feels you are not going to make it through, or are performing at a level below that required to pass in the end.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back