• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A quick end to your regional career.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow, that's pretty pathetic. Glad their asses were weeded out.

I think that the point of the post is that some jackass got caught and a bunch of innocent pilots lost their jobs. That sucks. How do you explain that one on your next interview.

I don't think you can. I'm not sure if they were offered the option to resign, however if they did, it will still say "uneligible for re-hire" on their records. If they got fired, same result but worse.

I think these guys are going to have a real issue in the future especially if they expect to move to a major/NetJets type outfit.

Bad thing is they won't be able to lie about it, since it is now a permanent fixture on their training records at the FAA. Belive me, PSA submits everything to the PRIA. Even if they don't tell someone they even worked there, PSA is sure to send documentation to the FAA that they in fact were employed there and the reason for termination/resignation.

Don't lie about it. Or you will be worse off than you are now.

I don't think you can. I'm not sure if they were offered the option to resign, however if they did, it will still say "uneligible for re-hire" on their records. If they got fired, same result but worse.

I think these guys are going to have a real issue in the future especially if they expect to move to a major/NetJets type outfit.

Bad thing is they won't be able to lie about it, since it is now a permanent fixture on their training records at the FAA. Belive me, PSA submits everything to the PRIA. Even if they don't tell someone they even worked there, PSA is sure to send documentation to the FAA that they in fact were employed there and the reason for termination/resignation.

Don't lie about it. Or you will be worse off than you are now.

The FAA will not get copies of training records for PRIA purposes. All training records are kept with the carrier. Nor do they get copies of HR records. Carriers are required to fwd. records to the requesting carrier if all conditions as outlined in the AC are met. To further educate yourself read the most current AC on this. Please stop scaring other pilots unless you know what you are talking about.

Last edited:
I think that the point of the post is that some jackass got caught and a bunch of innocent pilots lost their jobs. That sucks. How do you explain that one on your next interview.
We don't know the specifics. Very possible one guy got the cheat sheet and made copies. Sure, if there were truly innocent parties involved, well that does suck.

This is not the only time whole classes have been washed out.

A couple days prior to this they cancel two upgrade classes. Then they do this. Now, there will no be any new hires until September.

This is NOT coincidence. We're fat on pilots (b/c of the lack of pref hires leaving for mainline). So instead of furloughing them, they just fired a whole class of new hires. Which is total b/s.

You don't ruin a bunch of pilots careers to save money.

The FAA will not get copies of training records for PRIA purposes. All training records are kept with the carrier. Nor do they get copies of HR records. Carriers are required to fwd. records to the requesting carrier if all conditions as outlined in the AC are met. To further educate yourself read the most current AC on this. Please stop scaring other pilots unless you know what you are talking about.

Ok, fair enough. So I read it, and I agree, the FAA does not get the training records directly, but with the PRIA requests, the previous carrier is obligated to submit the records (last 5 years) including disciplanary and terminiation/resignations and the reasons.

So are you suggesting they lie about it? :rolleyes:

Ok, fair enough. So I read it, and I agree, the FAA does not get the training records directly, but with the PRIA requests, the previous carrier is obligated to submit the records (last 5 years) including disciplanary and terminiation/resignations and the reasons.

So are you suggesting they lie about it? :rolleyes:

Lying is never a good idea. They should simply contact the carrier and ask what their personnel records say.

Here's some real good info:

The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) recently released an Advisory Circular clarifying which termination records must be released under the Pilot Records Improvement Act (PRIA). According to the new AC, all termination records must be released, regardless of whether those records relate to pilot competency. See AC No. 120-68D, Advisory Circular, Pilot Records Improvement Act of 1996, 11/07/07, located HERE.
The recent opinion reflects a change in the FAA’s position on this issue. Previously, the agency stated that PRIA only requires the release of termination documents that relate to a pilot's competency.
Under PRIA, before a newly hired pilot is placed into service, the hiring employer (if it is a U.S. air carrier under Part 121 or 135 or a U.S. air operator under Part 125) must obtain and review the last five years of the pilot’s background and other safety-related records from, among others, the pilot’s current and previous employers.
Records that must be provided include:

1. Initial and recurrent training records;
2. Records concerning qualifications, proficiency, or professional competence of the individual, including comments and evaluations made by a check airman. For example, documents that show the individual’s qualifications as instructor/evaluator, check airman, or examiner; and records of the individual’s proficiency checks (recurring checks for captain, first officer, or line checks);
3. Records of any disciplinary action(s) that were not subsequently overturned,
if these disciplinary actions pertained to the individual’s performance as a pilot;
4. Any release from employment or resignation, termination, or disqualification of the individual with respect to employment.

Disciplinary Actions that Resulted in Termination of Employment: The new AC states that covered employers must report any disciplinary actions that played any role in the pilot’s termination or release from employment.
Disciplinary Actions Involving Pilot’s Performance: However, an employer is required to report disciplinary actions unrelated to a pilot’s termination or release from employment only if the actions involved the individual’s performance as a pilot and have not been subsequently overturned. Employers should not report other employment-related disciplinary actions that have nothing to do with the pilot’s aeronautical duties and did not result in discharge or termination.

Note: I am still confused as to what can be considered "disciplinary action" other than release from employment (fired). I know what it probably is but wish that the AC could be more specific.

I was in a class that got a copy of a test a day early. So what does everybody do... I know the drill and pull an 88%... the rest of the class got a 100%.

Instructor says "looks like the test has gotten out we have to change it"

The point is. Pilots are not very good at this. I'm not saying we are dumb as a group but maybe lacking in street smarts.

If you did not cheat, but were fired along with everyone else.. you need to hire a lawyer.

You need to get your name cleared because this could have serious repercussions later down the road.

As someone earlier stated, almost sounds like the company fired instead of furloughing.

Always
Motch

PS> A lawyer may be expensive, but if a few do it together.. still cheaper than the possible consequences in the long run.

Latest resources

Back