• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A&P school suggestions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Broward Community College in South Florida.

Real cheap for Fla residents and credit hours apply toward an A.S. degree.

CE

Mr Wu,

Please provide me the name, number and location of that talented young girl. :beer:
THAT'S...MY....DAUGHTER!!!! SHE SHOULD BE AT THE library.....

BAAAHAAA
PBR

THAT'S...MY....DAUGHTER!!!! SHE SHOULD BE AT THE library.....

LOL!

This looks like the best option so far: http://www.swic.edu/instruction/aviationmaint/ I just talked to the program director at Southwestern Illinois College. Apparently it is very easy to obtain the in-state residency status. All that is necessary is to live in the area for 30 days! The in-state total cost is only $8500. That includes books, tools and exam fees. Plus the program is intended to be completed in 50 weeks. Classes start every 10 weeks.

a&p school

www.waynecc.edu/aviation

oldest public program on east coast.
part of community college system of state of north carolina. super low cost. with a few extra courses at main campus(five miles) you can get a two year AS degree that is accepted at some school as first two years of a four year degree.
Goldsboro, nc. In school 8a-5p daily. plenty of nearby jobs in evening(not far from Raleigh)

oops , thats should be 8a-1p daily

times in school in last post were wrong,(typo)
sholuld be 8am to 1pm, Mon-Fri

It used to be that Parks College was a good school that offered an A&P program that took only 12 months. It's part of the St. Louis University and is probably pretty pricey. If time is of the essence then the 12 month program is probably the way to go. I went to Cheyenne Aero Tech, it was a 13 month program and they're long gone. It was about $12,500 but that was '93. It kind of depends on what you want to do with it. Good luck.

Don't overlook Eastern New Mexico University at Roswell. Four semesters and one summer session. If you're a resident there in the district, then the tuition is about six hundred bucks a semester.

They've got a great deal for those who want an associate degree and already hold a mechanic certificate, too. Four online classes only...and you can have your degree for the cost of those few classes.

http://www.aviationschoolsonline.co...New-Mexico-University---Roswell/49/42/F/2.php

http://www.roswell.enmu.edu/career_and_technical_education/aviation_maintenance_technology.php

You can also obtain your certification without going to a school. You'll need 30 months of practical working experience as an aircraft mechanic, at 40 hours a week of full time employment, attested to by certificated mechanics who personally know you did the work. If you have the option of attending a school, I strongly recommend you do that, instead.

Latest resources

Back