A&P school suggestions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Aviator

I'd like to get my A&P license. Looking for a school that offers an accelerated 14-16 month program. What is the fastest and most cost effective way to do this? Prefer California or Florida but will relocate anywhere in the US. Does anyone have any experience with Miramar College in San Diego? It may be possible to do this in 3 semesters there at $20 per credit.

Last edited:
You can also log repair hours in a shop towards the A&P.
With the proper endorsements, 18 months full time for one rating, 30 months for both.
Finding a shop that will hire you to train you is the key ingredient here. I did this once, and will never do it again. Hired the guy, trained him while paying him a living salary, and he left after getting his licence for a better paying position with a competitor.

I'd like to get my A&P license. Looking for a school that offers an accelerated 14-16 month program. What is the fastest and most cost effective way to do this? Prefer California or Florida but will relocate anywhere in the US. Does anyone have any experience with Miramar College in San Diego? It may be possible to do this in 3 semesters there at $20 per credit.

There's a school at KVNY (Van Nuys, CA) that will do it in the accelerated timeframe and for very cheap, even less than the $20 per credit hour I believe. Look under Los Angeles Adult School (or Vo-Tech) schools and their website should come up.

Best of luck!

I called NVOC tech school in Van Nuys today and they said their program takes 2 years. They sure have a good deal though. Spartan's program is faster but costs $34000. I found another school in Florida that offers a 14 month program for $26500 including all books, exam fees and $2000 worth of tools - http://www.naa.edu I did a tour today and was pretty impressed. Still looking for other options before making a decision.

Latest resources

Back