• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A&P I.A. w 8172 tt 3154 jet pic

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Thanks Avbug. I have a early show here and in the lobby so I have no time to quote and reply to each paragraph but I will later. I'l take it as a personal challenge. And yes, its obvious from what I posted and as others on furloughs have said to do in the past I am not being shy and trying enay means to find an income i.e. the mechanic forum due to I am one.

Thanks bud for you reply

It would be a 2 hour commute each way, but have you considered Gulfstream in SAV? I think they still have a heavy maintenance facility in Brunswick, which would (obviously) be much closer to you.

What I've found in this market is that even though you may be eminently qualified, the jobs are NOT going to come to you.

Best of luck in your search.

Do you have space shuttle experience?

Is your name Branco? lol!!!

www.dynamicaviation.com look in to them they treat people pretty good and unless things have changed you can be home based and they will airline you to flying sites for 2-3 weeks at a time. longer if you request it. the also do a lot of work in florida. be warned it is not the type of flying that airline pilots do. flying is unpressurized king air 90s -survey, ag work, bug bombing, ect. but it can be a very fun and rewarding flying job it just depend on what you like to do. your milage may very. good luck in the job hunt.

I have a early show here and in the lobby so I have no time to quote and reply to each paragraph but I will later.

So you're employed. Your post made it sound like you've been left hanging for the last 6 months. Maybe being employed has prevented you from being employed. :confused:

That was my point before. It's difficult to tell what the poster is saying, or what it is he's asking for. Someone to rent his hangar? A job as a pilot? A job as a mechanic? A job at home depot?

He's indicated he's been inverviewing with places like Home Depot for a job because he can't find any work at all, but it appears that he's currently flying for a living...and can't seem to get anywhere by asking for specifics.

I see a steady stream of aviation jobs cropping up in the Florida area.

Perhaps he meant he interviewed with the Home Depot flight department. Who knows?

www.dynamicaviation.com look in to them they treat people pretty good and unless things have changed you can be home based and they will airline you to flying sites for 2-3 weeks at a time. longer if you request it. the also do a lot of work in florida. be warned it is not the type of flying that airline pilots do. flying is unpressurized king air 90s -survey, ag work, bug bombing, ect. but it can be a very fun and rewarding flying job it just depend on what you like to do. your milage may very. good luck in the job hunt.

Yes looked into them talked with them, phone interviewed but they said although I have the A&P and I.A. experience on the King Air I didn't have any flight time in it so sorry.

It would be the perfect type of flying for me. I would enjoy it.

It would be a 2 hour commute each way, but have you considered Gulfstream in SAV? I think they still have a heavy maintenance facility in Brunswick, which would (obviously) be much closer to you.

What I've found in this market is that even though you may be eminently qualified, the jobs are NOT going to come to you.

Best of luck in your search.

Yes tried there too and am still trying. I have applied for every position available and they all say I don' have the credentials in the automatic reply.

Even though I apply for an A&P and everything is clearly and correctly entered that I am an A&P.

I did get a phone interview finally for a CMP Analyst and they said they were impressed and that I even knew what a CMP Analyst is.

But they then came back (very nice lady) a couple weeks later and told me that they took someone else and they are going to train them for the job because the boss said even though he liked my background he said pilots only want to fly. #1
I said no maam I would love to have a 9-5 job I could go home on weekends.

She said Oh.

#2 that there was no way they could give me the money I am accustomed to at 45 to 50K is all they could do.

I said maam, I make 800 take home every two weeks. She said you mean per week don't you. No maam 800 every two weeks after taxes and I woul;d love to have 45 K per year and be home on the weekends.

She said Oh.

#3 She said the boss also said is he needs someone right now and thats why he gave it to someone else and they will just train him.

I said maam. Did you remember I said I am being furloughed Sept 17th for what looks like 9 years and I am ready to resign my seniority and the company said if Ifind a job I can leave right away earlier if I have already received my furlough notice?

She said, Oh..... I'm sorry, i didn't catch that.

I said, thats ok please keep me in mind..... I know that in the hectic schedule of the day things can get lost in the conversation.

I appreciate your time and if anything else comes up I will be there the next day.

She said she will keep me in mind.

Just got another response that I am not qulaified for an A&P position or a Inspection position with my I.A.

............Thanks for the suggestion....would love to work there.....

Last edited:
So you're employed. Your post made it sound like you've been left hanging for the last 6 months. Maybe being employed has prevented you from being employed. :confused:

Did you hear about the guy that got beat up and mugged and got his jaw broken by three muggers where two of the three held the guys arm outstretched while the big guy in the middle beat the poor guys head in like it was a speed punching bag outside the TK training center?

Had a lot of time on the sideline recovering and through research I saw the furloughs coming so started putting out the resume way early.

I just got home from running around Miami to stop by all the places I used to work since my last flight. (reason for the delay in response)

Latest resources

Back