• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A&P I.A. w 8172 tt 3154 jet pic

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That was my point before. It's difficult to tell what the poster is saying, or what it is he's asking for. Someone to rent his hangar? A job as a pilot? A job as a mechanic? A job at home depot?

He's indicated he's been inverviewing with places like Home Depot for a job because he can't find any work at all, but it appears that he's currently flying for a living...and can't seem to get anywhere by asking for specifics.

I see a steady stream of aviation jobs cropping up in the Florida area.

Perhaps he meant he interviewed with the Home Depot flight department. Who knows?

Avbug.... Would you like me to quote without any changes from my original post to answer everything you have postulated...

I'm a good guy. I don't understand what I perceive as hostility. Eveything was written clearly in my first post to anyone that is really reading it.

But as experience on the flight deck has shown we are all human and make mistakes. Any mistake you make I have made 15 times or at least I will say I did to make you feel better. Please bring them up to me if you see something improper or unsafe or not in accordance with the manual because I may have read the text wrong, or there may be a revision or memo out that I haven't seen so we don't miss anything as a team and can have fun and enjoy our work. I promise I will own up to any mistake I make.

I don't want to spend time nitpicking with you on my posts. I need a job now or I'm going to lose everything and I don't have much. I have been careful not to become over-extended. I haven't driven a new car since 88 and I still have that car.

So as those before who have been on furlough have told me. (This is my third, first at this company)Don't be shy to go anywhere for a job.

I have been on this board forever and now I need help. I have a done a good job to help every new guy that came along on "Our Flight Deck" showing them everything I wished someone else had taken the time to show me when I started. To this there were hundreds of fellas that saw me in the concourse and yelled out hey Mike how are you buddy. Many I never even remembered flying with so I would say tell me something about our flights together so I remember.

I am glad to have made a good impact on newer guys and these guys and girls have gone on to become great captains by the help given them by everyone they had flown with. That gives me something to show for having been a part of that work.

Anyway........ I am here looking for leads to a job.

So thank you to those that have made great suggestions.

Right now I am sitting in the Sheltair weather room here in Jax hoping to meet someone, anyone. Although I feel I might be a bother to some that walk through here. I usually am pretty good at guessing who would enjoy some hangar flying.

Last edited:
Did you hear about the guy that got beat up and mugged and got his jaw broken by three muggers where two of the three held the guys arm outstretched while the big guy in the middle beat the poor guys head in like it was a speed punching bag outside the TK training center?

Perhaps you meant that as a round about way of saying you got beat up and couldn't fly for a time. I have no idea what you're talking about or why you introduced that...apparently you're flying right now, and it's taken two pages of posts to get that much out of you.

Avbug.... Would you like me to quote without any changes from my original post to answer everything you have postulated...

No, I'm not going to quote anything further for you. You figure it out. Simple questions appear too difficult, and any effort that might be expended on your behalf has just passed to point of diminishing returns. You do whatever you want, and good luck.

Avbug ....go away

6569 posts and counting.

I appreciate all that are posting suggestions.

Last edited:
Hey, I am probably like others here.

I have had my A&P and I.A. since the early 90's and been very experienced in maintenance on J-3 to L-1011 since I was 15 now 42 yrs old.

Jet engine overhaul (legally as repair) and inspection, rebuilding aircraft for insurance companies....(heavy sheet metal forming, heat treating fabrication, avionics installation, electrical, reciprocating flat engine and radial engine repair 985 to 4360)

To describe the above further for those that could help me:
I am a A&P I.A. who has a lot of experience including an in depth knowledge of legal terms in it to get the job done properly within the regs so when the following quote is made, a person who could help might know of a place that could use me.

Experienced at heavy sheetmetal work, heat treating, forming, recip, radial, jet engine overhal and repair, electrical wiring avionics installation, paint, fabric, wood with complete shop but no work.

Been commercially flying since 28 now with over 8172 total 4831 pic and 3154 jet pic with CL-65/850 pic type and 737 pic airline trained type not a type school and have been trying to find a job for 5.5 months and can't find one in ANY field including prison guard and have tried even Home Depot and no luck.

Looking for a job and can do just about anything and don't have too much pride to work at Home Depot, McD's or etc.

Hey....the Home Depot or McD's Flight Department would be nice and applied to both as well but as others have said elsewhere in the board, even though these types of jobs are listed for equal oportunity purposes they usually hire from internal referrals.

Any ideas? I live in KJAX / Jacksonville area and own a 5000 sq foot hangar with a complete aircraft shop I built myself on a county strip. No work there either.

I'm 23 to 30 dme from KJAX and KCRG/Craig KHEG/Herlong and KVQQ/Cecil as well as KSSI/Saint Simons and KBQK/Brunswick Jet port

I have a large 160 mph rated 5000 sq ft hangar with a 55 by 16 Hydroswing door, (built it myself except for pouring the concrete if you need a hangar built) on a county airport on my private lot behind the house on the fence line of the airport with direct runway access. Since I'm an A&P and I.A. with a complete shop and convenient base of operations, as well as pilot with enough time to meet all insurance req. for most operators (over 8000 and over 3000 jet pic and looking for work, I would do aything to make a living with anything I have to offer. That would include renting hangar space, maintaining aircraft, flight operations, storage or any of the above combined or singular in any way.

Have only a $909 dollar mortgage on the house and $688 mortgage on the hangar. Can store a plane in the hangar as well.

Need to eat a little but I can find some soup somewhere.

I don't live beyond my means and will do anything to preserve my home and hangar.

I thought people would like having a A&P mechanic with Inspection Authorization that meets all mins pilot insurance wise.

Haven't seen that yet.

I have seen other A&P's who became pilots as well who thought a corporate operator would like that for example on the road dispatch ability but haven't seen it yet. Maybe VLJ someday.

No kids so already tried to get a foreign job, but no luck there either.

Have an app out at every entity out there, most twice or more.

Would go overseas but for whatever reason they aren't as easy to get as its made out to be. Everyone wants time in type at least as FO on the larger equip 767/777 etc. The smaller equip they seem to want actual Capt time to get a FO seat on 737 except Ryan.

Have an app out at everywhere I have been able to find.

83 from the bottom at United and will be furloughed 9.3 years unless they drop any more aircraft and am ready to resign seniority and or early leave bonds.

Sunday the 24th 2008 (912) 547-5477

With no kids I took the risk to go when offered back in January. Didn't see any problems at the time.

I have no problem leaving my number for anyone that can help and would be eternally grateful. I've helped a few get on before and never wanted to ever have to ask for help. But now I am.

Mike

Last edited:
If you really want to work, contact me. There's all kinds of jobs where I am. See my previous posts if you're interested to see what I'm doing.

BTW, I'm an ATP/A&P/IA/CFI/CFII/etc/etc...

Good luck,

AND YOU ALL KNOW IT SUCKS TO LOOK FOR WORK RIGHT NOW! However, there are options. If you're willing to do what it takes, you can FIND WORK!

Ronin

I would be interested. If I were able to get something overseas it would have to be really good money to stay over there for years at a time if you can't commute back once in a while.

Alaska would be quite interesting. Have applied to one of the companies up there that were looking or a couple for cargo ops but they wanted actual PIC time in 737 not just actual SIC.

It's busier up there this time of year isn't it?

I would be interested. If I were able to get something overseas it would have to be really good money to stay over there for years at a time if you can't commute back once in a while.

Alaska would be quite interesting. Have applied to one of the companies up there that were looking or a couple for cargo ops but they wanted actual PIC time in 737 not just actual SIC.

It's busier up there this time of year isn't it?
Hello,
My buddy was furloughed from AA during the 90s. Couldn't get a job flying anything, spent a season "applying" via fax and phone, couldn't get a job for nothing. Said *************************it and hopped a flight to ANK and started driving from operator to operator, had a job flying a Beaver on floats on the first day, and worked that quickly into flying everything on the certificate as a LCA. Lesson, feet in the doorway will get you a job most ricktic! Personal referral and feet on the doorstep, instant employment.
Good luck
PBR

Latest resources

Back