A not so good FedEx rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
VaB said:
Flying with a training type guy the other day and we were talking about the EFB (Electronic Flight Bag) implementation. So we're going on about this thing, and this is after my latest Jepps revision where we've added more domestic airports that the 11 never goes to, along with the other 30 pounds of charts, but I digress. This guy says "and oh yeah, the F/O's are going to have to continue carrying the paper Jepps for at least a year after the EFB get's here". WHAAAA???

Makes sense I guess. But it chapped me in an irrational way. It was like all the Captains knew it, but it was a secret. Darn Captains, sounds like a conspiracy. Hopefully it's just another chain jerking that I fell for.

Sure sounds like a lot of whining and complaining to me. I like how he tries to turn it around and say we missed his point. His entire point is all about being a cry baby for having to carry about jepps while his Capt doesn't. Poor little cry baby.

DetoXJ said:
Sure sounds like a lot of whining and complaining to me. I like how he tries to turn it around and say we missed his point. His entire point is all about being a cry baby for having to carry about jepps while his Capt doesn't. Poor little cry baby.

Lighten up Francis.......

DetoXJ said:
His entire point is all about being a cry baby for having to carry about jepps while his Capt doesn't. Poor little cry baby.

Hell, the Captain has to carry the F/O. That is a heavy enough burden.:)

Last edited:
VaB said:
Ya mean ol' Captains. Isn't enough that ya get your coffee jug carried for you?:)

Heck, I've found out it is best to carry it myself. One less thing to overwhelm them.:(

I'm willing to make the sacrifice. If FedEx calls I'm willing to buy an extra flight bag to carry those Jepps.

FoxHunter said:
Heck, I've found out it is best to carry it myself. One less thing to overwhelm them.:(
I told my block rep that I want the new contract to require the Captain to carry my bags up the stairs. . . .
I mean, what else does he have to do while I'm out doing the walk-around??

Klhoard,

What is this "walk around" term you refer to? Is that aviation related?

I haven't touched an ALPC in months or had a single piece of paperwork. My shirts even stay clean for a whole day! I'm starting to understand why there are so many guys who get very senior as FOs on 3 seat AC.

So...are you diggin' the new job? What is cooler (besides the pay) about the widebody FO job?

AlbieF15 said:
. . .<snip>. .
So...are you diggin' the new job? What is cooler (besides the pay) about the widebody FO job?
Global Navigation System. I'll never have to identify an ILS again. . .
And that wonderful Magenta Line. . . .
And ACARS. . . . .
And enough thrust to stand the plane on its tail. . . . .
And Auto-Controllers for all of the aircraft systems. . . .
And Sushi Boxes out of Japan. . . . .
And not having to fly the "Arc to Localizer" into Casper at night; uncontrolled. . .
And Auto-Throttles. . . . . .
And the Magenta Line. . . . .
And Vertical Navigation. . . . .
And getting the Electronic Flight Bag before everyone else in the fleet. . . .
And Commuters who bid for "First Fly" so I can sit home and watch Jerry Springer. . . .
And play on FlightInfo.com. . . .

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back