• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A New Southwest/AirTran merger theory

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok all time dumbest post! What the hell are you talking about? I don't have a plan. If this thing does materialize, it is way above my pay grade. I posted an article written by an airline analyst. I didn't write it, read the damn post! I just fly airplanes. I don't care who left AirTran and went to Southwest, that was their gamble! So what the hell is your point? AirTran is a profitable thriving airline right now. AirTran is NOT TWA, not in bankruptcy and doesn't need Southwest in order to survive. Infact it is Southwest that is beginning to make moves showing they are aware of AirTran and their possibilities. Service to BOS, LGA, MSP, and now MKE. These may be pieces that Southwest is adding to its route structure, but with AirTran's cost structure and onboard amnenities, they have nothing to fear from Southwest. My passengers enjoy their assigned seats, the option to upgrade to business class, XM satellite radio, ability to purchase a snack, and now WI-FI. Thank you very much, you are now free to travel back to the hole you came up out of!
I don't know about "the dumbest post of all time" (read some of Tanker Clown and the General's posts)...You guys do have a good product...we agree on that. I should have left out the specifics of seniority integration portion of my post....it wasn't very nice...just how I feel.

My point is...in an earlier post you stated "Explain to everyone on this board with some intelligence why you are entitled to putting all AirTran pilots behind 9/08 newhires..." and I jumped in with my own response. So...dumbest post of all time? I won't comment on your posts in a negative way.

Just discussing what I think to be "fair and equitable" since many of you guys have made the jump over here and not so much the other way. I do like your airline....and your people that work there. Ya'll have a great product and fly to some great places.

"...you are now free to travel back to the hole you came up out of!"

Oh Hell Yes!!

Why wouldn't you treat the AirTran pilots like you did the ATA pilots? You certainly showed them a lot of luv.

What's that supposed to mean? You sold us your gates at MDW and we gave you domestic and Hawaiian codeshare.

What's the rub?

Gup

If we merge with AirTran it would create roughly 7500 pilots right? There are only four ways to fix the seniority problem.

Shut down both airlines for 1 day, thence pick your poison:

1. Poker tournament.

2. Spelling Bee.

3. Beer Pong.

or

4. Wii Tennis.

The earlier you go out, the more junior you are.
The #1 dude(ette) will have to steal a Division 1 mascot.

And later tonite I shall cure cancer.

Last edited:
I'm for 1 or 2...

4 is prohibitive since not all of us even know how to turn on a Wii (I sure as hell don't).

Beer pong? Would that be double elimination? ;)

A spelling bee, with pilots?? What a train wreck...nobody would pass the first round!

Wii tennis has my vote. Beer pong is VERY tempting though.

How about a bare knuckle cage match...maybe a little glass and glue action?

If we merge with AirTran it would create roughly 7500 pilots right? There are only four ways to fix the seniority problem.

Shut down both airlines for 1 day, thence pick your poison:

1. Poker tournament.

2. Spelling Bee.

3. Beer Pong.

or

4. Wii Tennis.

The earlier you go out, the more junior you are.
The #1 dude(ette) will have to steal a Division 1 mascot.

And later tonite I shall cure cancer.

Thanks a lot dude my keyboard is now full of beer :laugh: Screw the spelling bee how about we raise our own chickens and we have a good old fashion cockfight!

I don't know whether to go for wii tennis or spelling bee.
I've seen what crappy spellers most folks on here are - maybe I'll be able to move up a few slots...

Latest resources

Back