Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
W

windycty

In the fbo last night at lax a flops pilot was trying to pay for fuel. For some reason the company card wasn't working. The company forced the pilot to pay for the fuel with his OWN credit card. He was speechless. He also said that the company would not be paying him back for it until after christmas. I felt bad for the guy.

A simple "UNABLE" is all I would say. If I had to, I would lie and say my card was already maxed because of Christmas. Then ask the CP for his CC number.

Wow, how much was the charge for? That really does suck...I would have been unable too. But that was some real team spirit for him to do that.

When they want to pay my credit card off (by offering industry standard pay and benefits which will allow ME to pay it off) then we can talk about team spirit. Until then they can shove it. If they can't pay for the fuel that just means I get to sit around and do nothing until they can.

In the fbo last night at lax a flops pilot was trying to pay for fuel. For some reason the company card wasn't working. The company forced the pilot to pay for the fuel with his OWN credit card. He was speechless. He also said that the company would not be paying him back for it until after christmas. I felt bad for the guy.

Imagine the airline points for that purchase!

Seriously, that could not be more lame. FLOPS should be renamed BITES. I feel for the pilots there who have to put up with that $hit...

I am not sure exactly how much it was but he looked as if someone had kicked him in the stomach. Listening to his phone call with the company made me feel badly for how the flops guys are treated.

Gotta agree. No freaking way would I pay for ANYTHING like that for the company! I do feel badly for that pilot though. Imagine how beat down he must be to agree to something like that.

Honestly, I hope this story turns out to be untrue. If it really is true, those guys are in deeper trouble than anyone ever thought.

Hell No is Right...

The only requirement at Flight Options is that a Pilot hold a personal credit card for possible expenses incurred on the road, such as expensing a rental car with a company that Options cannot direct bill with.

Nowhere in ANY Flight Options manual does it state that a Pilot must have a Credit Card with X dollars as a credit limit. They can't demand that, its the Pilots' credit, not the company's.

So my answer would be this: I would be more than happy to put $500 dollars worth of Fuel on my Credit Card, but that is all I can afford from my credit limit. $500 dollars, what's that, 100 gallons or 670 lbs? See how far that gets you in a Jet.

Remember, its your Credit Card, not theirs. It is not their decision as to what one is comfortable doing with it.

If they don't like it, they can authorize the use of the Company's Amex for more than just Hotels. They trust us with Multimillion Dollar airplanes, but won't to appropriately use a Company Credit Card???

Options Management plain and simple: SUCKS.

Stand United Shoulder to Shoulder and DEMAND a Contract, or this will be your life going forward.

Freedom is not Free.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back