• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A New Delta "Lite"???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Everyone is quick to say a low cost Delta will not survive because of pilot pay rates.

Let us not forget that the Delta gate agents and ground support employees don't take a pay cut when they work express flights in MCO and express cities. Don't get me wrong, I am not sticking up for DAL pilots high pay rates....but I do not think it is fair to ask only one employee group to work for a lower rate while everyone else is paid the same.

Though I do not know the exact numbers, I can assure you the Delta gate agents make FAR MORE than SW and Air Tran counterparts.

Just my .02 :D

I do work for Boeing in the aero dept. We were asked to do an increase gross study because delta wants to go ffrom CVG to SEA. we're right up against our 6% growth margin limit and don't know if it can be pulled it off.

I know the airplane is performing tremendously for Airtran. It has exceeded all its performance guarnatees.

I never thought Delta would consider another Douglas born product after the MD90 (MD911) snafu, but the 717 is a different bird. We learned our lesson. I hope for Long Beach's sake, Delta buys it. Otherwise I give the program another 2 years. Maybe American Eagle will be recalling me by then......YIKES!!!

I thought that Delta already had a Delta Lite. Isn't it called ComAir/ASA. Why not combine those two and call them Delta Express. Get rid of all of the turbo props and go all CRJ with 70 and 90 seaters. You already have a ready supply of cheap pilots working on a separate certificate. That should satisfy the delta guys and it might just work. Could possibly satisfy all that scope stuff going on as well.

dogg said:
I thought that Delta already had a Delta Lite. Isn't it called ComAir/ASA. Why not combine those two and call them Delta Express. Get rid of all of the turbo props and go all CRJ with 70 and 90 seaters. You already have a ready supply of cheap pilots working on a separate certificate. That should satisfy the delta guys and it might just work. Could possibly satisfy all that scope stuff going on as well.

I think the idea is to get the furloughed Delta pilots back to work, not to see how low we can place the bar of compensation for management's benefit.

WELL put, Lawman!!

Metro; put down the crack pipe dude.

No one on the mgmt side at DAL cares even a tiny bit about putting Delta pilots back to work. For them the best deal is to get an airtran look alike going with regional pay scales and charge the pax the same price and make more money because everyone working the flights are on D scale wages. Dude they can park 100% of the mainline narrow bodies (737 and dc9), trash the mainline contract and do all that flying with 70 to 90 seat narrow bodies staffed with ComAir/ ASA folks and focus big Delta on wide body or long haul. They would be rolling in cash. End of Story

dogg said:
Metro; put down the crack pipe dude.

No one on the mgmt side at DAL cares even a tiny bit about putting Delta pilots back to work. For them the best deal is to get an airtran look alike going with regional pay scales and charge the pax the same price and make more money because everyone working the flights are on D scale wages. Dude they can park 100% of the mainline narrow bodies (737 and dc9), trash the mainline contract and do all that flying with 70 to 90 seat narrow bodies staffed with ComAir/ ASA folks and focus big Delta on wide body or long haul. They would be rolling in cash. End of Story

Dogg,

I agree that management is not real concerned with the the pilots, or when they will be recalled. It is unfortunate that management cares so little for those who made the company sucessful in the first place.

Other than that, your post doesn't make a lot of sense. Is that your strategic outlook for Delta's future?

Or were you just babbling....uhhh Dude?:rolleyes:

I dont know if Delta has any airplanes parked in the desert other than 727s and 1011s... but if they do, it would be in their interest to get these airplanes flying again along with the pilots that are on furlough. The management at Delta just might be making a plan to get everyone back to work and make some money also. A paid-for 737-200 can still be very competative against very expensive 70-90 seat RJs... Don't you think?;)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back