A New Delta "Lite"???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TK and Ranger,

The point is moot (I love saying "moot!").

Due to only 3 quarters of losses, we have given up our block hour percentage limits. Until we "meet and confer" (mgt must be shaking in their boots) to set new limits, Delta can (and is) grow DCI without restriction.

We showed an unbelievable lack of foresight to allow the most important part of our contract to be decimated by only 3 quarters of losses, particularly in light of the fact that we were losing money when we signed it. Unfortunately, we furloughees are paying the price.

P.S.
The three quarter of losses breaks down this way: 2 consecutive quarters (third and fourth) triggered the first reset. 2 more consecutive (fourth and first) triggered the second which led to the dreaded "meet and confer."

Yes but with that all powerful union we have to represent us, do you really think they will trade the cow for a handful of beans?

I don't know what the meet and confer will have as an outcome, but the reset numbers allow all of DCI flying after a reset and 2004 to be at a max of 39%.

What is the current percentage only Leo really knows, but I have heard that they are approx 41% so the growth would stop until they find another end around.

TK,

I give you credit. You have a lot more confidnece in the "meet and confer" clause than I do.

The way I see it, we have left ourselves with NO leverage. IMO, those who want to spend their careers at a regional should have confidence that their airlines will grow unabetted.

Those who hoped to eventually go to a mainline carrier might not find this news too encouraging.

I hope that you are right and I am wrong.

Why not try something that works?

FlyDeltasJets said:
The way I see it, we have left ourselves with NO leverage. IMO, those who want to spend their careers at a regional should have confidence that their airlines will grow unabetted.
When will you guys realize ALPA's Apartied strategy is a failure? Why not insist that your union bring together pilots performing Delta flying? Is it not the purpose of a union to bring together employees for collective bargaining?

Are Pan Am, Ransome, Northeast, or Western pilots taking your flying?

ALPA Apartied - One level of Discrimination

Re: Why not try something that works?

~~~^~~~ said:
When will you guys realize ALPA's Apartied strategy is a failure?

------Of course it has been a failure. We haven't ever enforced it! That's what I have been crying about. We needed strong scope years ago and blew it. We need strong scope now and don't have it. So we are in complete agreement we have failed. Our only disagreement lies in how to correct it.

Why not insist that your union bring together pilots performing Delta flying?

-------How? No one has ever convinced me that this is even close to a realistic proposal, and believe me, I have asked.

Is it not the purpose of a union to bring together employees for collective bargaining?

---------Partially. Add to that a greater purpose of encouraging the growth of high-paying jobs.

Are Pan Am, Ransome, Northeast, or Western pilots taking your flying?

-------If they are not on our list, than they very well might be.
P.S. The pilots to whom I think you are referring had contractual language (DAL's and theirs) which forced a list merger. You don't, a very crucial fact which you guys seem content to ignore.

ALPA Apartied - One level of Discrimination

Cute slogan. I don't know what it means, but it's cute.

You can have the last word. I really don't care to get involved in another rjdc argument. Besides, it's really not worth it. You won. Our scope has been practically eliminated. Grow away. The restrictions have been removed. Enjoy the rj (no disrepect intended, I just have a feeling it will be a while before any mainline hiring).

Not to spread rumors, but I spoke with a DAL crew today, they said a company memo came out today confirming the closing of the MCO 737200 base.

Any DAL guys able to confirm this?

FlyDeltasJets said:

On a related not, the MCO 737-200 base is officially dead. 200's will initially go to CVG and the crew base will be closed officially by the end of 03.

This from a memo from our vp of flight ops.

I believe this would be the confirmation you were looking for. It was posted just a few posts up on this thread.

This is about the third time I heard the rumor of the Vegas base. Is it for mainline or DCI?

I will start another rumor while I am here......no more 50 seaters for ASA next year.....all 70's. I have heard this one being tossed around quite a bit in the crew lounge too. And we all know that everything said in the crew lounge comes true!

Latest resources

Back