• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A little pro-ALPA Koolaid for ya

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
joey, joey, joey. You still don't get it.

then quit whining and take it back...you sold it, and it will cost more than you have to try and get it back...the simple fact is, none of have much power anymore because alpa and the mainline pilots screwed scope up so bad....the republic model is the next step and these "regionals" will end up becoming your competition.

By the way, you said you "allowed" it...why did you "allow" your job to be put out to bid to the lowest bidder? Not too smart if you ask me.....
we did not sell it, just loaned it out. You see, this flying still is an exception to our contract. You are just getting angry/nervous knowing that we are finally taking the loss of flying seriously. Loaning it out for our previous pay/workrules was not a bad trade. But since ch11 and the destruction of our contracts it makes sense to bring it back. Not saying we will, but you won't have any say in the matter. Other than fi.

i'll take nothing then...peddle your snake oil somewhere else...
again, you will not get a say in what you take/or not take.

that's smart....lower the cost of operating these dc9 size aircraft and let me know how that helps you in your negotiations....ya think it might just put some more downward pressure on your rates....just maybe? It's that kind of stupid thinking that is partially to blame for your current situation.
i am very content in my situation, for a nwa guy i did ok on the sli.

now that's funny....:laugh:

:beer:

There is "no comparison between the two jobs" eh? In that case, you got it really good then compared to me.....I'm starting vacation now...Second time I've turned 1 week into 5 weeks...In Sept., I'm going to work 6 days and still get a 75 hour guarantee.

That's good for you Joe. But I think you're in the minority. I'll ask the question again, How many of you comrades at ASA built time at Delta with the intention of "hiring on" at ASA?

You've been "chasing the dream"....I gave up and set roots here...We each made choices...I'm happy with mine and you're happy with yours...I don't want to work for Delta as hard as that is for you to understand....Why do you want to come here and bump me down if things don't work out for you?...

Flow-throughs always give regional pilots a choice. You can choose not to take part and thus remain protected from a DL pilot pushing you down in seniority. It was that way at Eagle and CoEx.

IMHO this is all conjecture, as I don't see a flow-through happening at all other than the current ones at Compass and Mesaba.

Kind of weird to see this thread. Arguing seniority in a merger that will never happen is really pointless. Frankly, Joe's made the right call for Joe. ACL has made the right call for ACL. Both did well with the decisions they made.

Neither did better than the other, they did the best for themselves and their families. Both are successful.

Now this is the most accurate post here...It's like the disclaimer on a car ad..."You're mileage may vary". Timing and luck have a lot to do with this industry. What works for one doesn't work for others. The only way to score your decision making is to look back, after you set the parking brake for the last time, and see how you did.

Fins is right in that this is simply FI entertainment...There won't be any single list at Delta....That ship sailed many years ago. There won't be anymore "flowthrough" agreements as they don't work for EITHER side. The only thing there will be is more threads on FI blaiming each other for this mess....

That's good for you Joe. But I think you're in the minority. I'll ask the question again, How many of you comrades at ASA built time at Delta with the intention of "hiring on" at ASA?

I admit that I am in the minority...However, a growing number of "regional" pilots have made the same decision to stay at the regionals. They didn't plan on it, however there hasn't been much hiring the past 10 years at the mainline and the difference between the two jobs has narrowed. I came to ASA with the "intention" of building time and going to United. Intentions are like flight plans...Sometimes you have to go to your alternate....The problem is you folks want to pencil in ASA at the last minute as an alternate and you want priority handling...Sorry, we told you to have a better alternate before you left, and you ignored us...If you need to come to this alternate, it won't be with priority.

GogglesPisano said:
Flow-throughs always give regional pilots a choice. You can choose not to take part and thus remain protected from a DL pilot pushing you down in seniority. It was that way at Eagle and CoEx.

Flowthroughs don't work...Never have. There is a reason the EGL and XJT flowthroughs don't exist anymore.

GogglesPisano said:
IMHO this is all conjecture, as I don't see a flow-through happening at all other than the current ones at Compass and Mesaba.

We agree on something.:beer:

joey, joey, joey. You still don't get it.

we did not sell it, just loaned it out. You see, this flying still is an exception to our contract. You are just getting angry/nervous knowing that we are finally taking the loss of flying seriously. Loaning it out for our previous pay/workrules was not a bad trade. But since ch11 and the destruction of our contracts it makes sense to bring it back. Not saying we will, but you won't have any say in the matter.

We have a say in what our bargaining agent, ALPA, does to us...There is a little legal issue of DFR and a certain settlement agreement you are forgeting about.

That being said, you will never buy this flying back because the cost would be too great...Even your MEC Chairman said that recently at a Compass presentation. You admitted that jobs were traded for pay and workrules....That was the dumbest thing you guys did....The cost to "buy" it back is more than you got in the first place...It's like Delta selling ASA for far less than they bought ASA for in the first place...

It isn't I who is getting nervous...I'm not at the bottom of a seniority list in a terrible economy....I'm not looking for a life boat...You are...

You still don't get it...we did not sell it, just loaned it out.

Is that right?

I'll tell you what, ask for it back. Say "pretty please" if you want. Let us know how that works out and then we'll discuss who really doesn't "get it" both literally and figuratively.

Last edited:
Joe,
Those regional pilots opting to stay and make the regionals their career is what is killing this business model. You cost to much.
A flow will try to get the "dead wood" to move up so they can reset the seniority. It is a great cost savings measure, and is the only reason I can see DAL management going a long with that notion. (Money means more than control over hiring limits and qualifications)

I got one for you. I do not like this whole idea of a flow for many reasons. 1) It will reset the DCI costs and once again promote outsourcing, 2) Pilots that are on the DCI list from DAL are not subject to disciplinary action at the regional effecting their mainline employment rights, 3) In the event of a merger using the LCC arbitrated award those pilots on the regional list were stappled, totally effecting career expectations and 4) it is a poor substitute for recapturing fliying and keeps a B scale of the hands of DALPA.

Now you want DAL guys to the bottom of the list. I say, I do not care where I sit, as long as I make what I was making the day I walked of the DAL property. That means that as a year three or four DC-9/88 FO I would get paid 88 to 90.28 an hr to sit in you right seat. Now that sounds fine by me. Been there done that. Add to that, I continue to accrue longevity and my pay goes up per the DAL CBA. It is not about where you sit, I could care less if I am a CA or an FO for a temporary job.

Now, it response to why I care. I am in little fear of furlough. It has to do with the people below me and protecting their rights, income potential and career expectations. It is not all or mostly about me. It is about the group I am part of. I want what is best for the plug and what is best for numero uno in the list.

[/COLOR]

We have a say in what our bargaining agent, ALPA, does to us...There is a little legal issue of DFR and a certain settlement agreement you are forgeting about.

Nobody's forgetting about it junior, you'll get the memo!

That being said, you will never buy this flying back because the cost would be too great...
Now that's funny! More lies joey? Too bad these FFD contracts are going to be shred, much like your lawsuit was. Delta's parking 100 more rj's. Where will ASA be when the music stops?

Even your MEC Chairman said that recently at a Compass presentation. You admitted that jobs were traded for pay and workrules....That was the dumbest thing you guys did....The cost to "buy" it back is more than you got in the first place...It's like Delta selling ASA for far less than they bought ASA for in the first place...
Nobody ever accused Delta management of being smart!

It isn't I who is getting nervous...I'm not at the bottom of a seniority list in a terrible economy....I'm not looking for a life boat...You are...
Yet your posts reek of desparation, or is that just the lifeboat of the rjdc?
BTW, why isn't it you and your band of sisters hasn't sued Skywest, Inc?
Why arent' you knocking down the courts doors for a petition to be integrated?

Is that right?
That's right poindexter!

I'll tell you what, ask for it back and then we'll discuss who really doesn't
"get it."
Ok sparky, maybe you need to read it again, because much like a neutered dog, YOU DON'T GET IT!
BTW, how'd that lawsuit work out for you?:laugh:

Latest resources

Back