A Good SWA Rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Desires

:cool: Like I said earlier, I too luv the good rumors, but I'll take any conjecture that comes my way. My one true desire though is to be half as witty/eloquent/verbally unchallenged as some of you on this board...........................like Pegasus, W8N, RightBettor.......

See ya in Dallas ------- sooner than later?

Slug

I like good "rumor" news so I'm going to spread some more. Looks like 3rd quarter will be a 38.6 million dollar profit for LUV. This is what I come up with when I crunch the numbers listed on different financial sites. Hope it is better than that but given the times we live in I'm glad to see any profit.

Bake

".....the trend is bookings for 4th qtr are looking stronger than they were several weeks ago."

Chase,

Just wanted to let you know I was doing my part to get us some training classes. I have 2 round trips to take in October, and both are booked with SWA, of course. All of you can thank me later at Dallas.:D

supporting SWA

SO far, I have earned 4 FREE Rapid Rewards tix from my recent patronage of my future employer!! (since Jan!!) :p

I figure that if my wife & I continue, we will be personally responsible for getting the load factors up to the point where SWA will have NO CHOICE but to start training crews, just to support our needs!

I just hope that the loss of revenue that occurs, after I start class, does not cause me to then create my own furlough!?!?!?:D

Keep those GREAT rumors rolling in - it's all I have to look forward to until the classes start up in ???? who knows when - looks as if the beer pool will be difficult to call as far as a winner goes... BUT, however, I am still good for the case of cold ones to whomever wins!!!!!

Hang in there fellow drown-proofing instructors! F A I T H will keep us going!

Regards - Tred

Sept '02 results

Southwest Air Sept Traffic Rose 25.8%
Wednesday October 2, 9:20 am ET

DALLAS -(Dow Jones)- Southwest Airlines Co. (NYSE:LUV - News) September traffic rose 25.8% to 3.26 billion revenue passenger miles from 2.59 billion revenue passenger miles a year earlier. The Sept. 11 attacks and their aftermath significantly hurt year-ago results.
ADVERTISEMENT

A revenue passenger mile is one paying passenger flown one mile.

In a press release Wednesday, the nation's sixth-largest airline said September load factor, or percentage of seats filled, rose to 56.8% from 53.4% the year before.

In September 2000, Southwest's traffic rose 15.9% to 3.3 billion revenue passenger miles. Load factor grew to 65.7% from 63.9% in September 1999.

In the third quarter, Southwest traffic increased 5.8% to 11.92 billion from 11.26 billion last year. Load factor fell to 67.7% from 69.1%.

For the first nine months of the year, Southwest recorded a 1.8% increase in revenue passenger miles to 34.31 billion from 33.71 billion last year. The company's load factor declined to 66.9% from 69.4%.

Commentary

Mixed news but generally upbeat. Another analyst came out Monday with a positive rating on SWA while lowering their rating on the airline industry as a whole. While we're not adding a gazillion flights, things are on an uptrend, not steep but fortunately up.

cheers

Latest resources

Back