• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A fun game to play in the cockpit...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Looks like dispatchers usualy don't have girlfriends.

That post was what some people call extreme sarcasm. If you believe we do stuff like that in our office, you're an idiot.

It's funny to me how you came out swinging with the "girlfriend" statement. Why? Did I strike a nerve or do you just hate dispatchers?

You must be an XJT dispatcher. Bad weather, 500 lbs contingency fuel, no alternate. Good weather, 1500 lbs contingency fuel, EFD alternate. Doesnt make any sense. Also giving us 2 minutes of extra fuel(yes I have seen it), WTF is that.

I don't work at XJT.

Call the dispatcher before you sign the release if it looks like a crock. I'm sure you do that anyway though. Don't be one of those kids who gets out there and starts complaining about the fuel load on the taxiway.

Don't be one of those kids who gets out there and starts complaining about the fuel load on the taxiway.

Or better yet, the morons that two-engine taxi and fly .85M the whole way and then complain that they land with only 2,000 lbs of gas. :rolleyes:

That post was what some people call extreme sarcasm. If you believe we do stuff like that in our office, you're an idiot.

It's funny to me how you came out swinging with the "girlfriend" statement. Why? Did I strike a nerve or do you just hate dispatchers?

dang man, with 600+ posts you should know to expect a little "fan mail" with your comments. sounds like YOU have a few exposed nerves...

dang man, with 600+ posts you should know to expect a little "fan mail" with your comments. sounds like YOU have a few exposed nerves...

After 17 years in aviation and almost seven years in my current job, I do have a few exposed nerves. I've gotten beaten up and I'm a bit punchy. The first 10 years were fun. The last seven years have been interesting to say the least.

Well, between Management, Maintenance, Dispatch, the FAA and NTSB, the weather, FA's, our own Unions, and our wives pilots don't really need any enemys...

After 17 years in aviation and almost seven years in my current job, I do have a few exposed nerves. I've gotten beaten up and I'm a bit punchy. The first 10 years were fun. The last seven years have been interesting to say the least.

well they say a person changes careers every 6 to 7 years or so. sounds like you need a change. but remember, it's like this everywhere you go. i was in a totally different field 4 years ago, and it was just the same. lots of whining...just hope you love airplanes enough to let it roll off your back. don't let the sour grapes get to ya!

well they say a person changes careers every 6 to 7 years or so. sounds like you need a change. but remember, it's like this everywhere you go. i was in a totally different field 4 years ago, and it was just the same. lots of whining...just hope you love airplanes enough to let it roll off your back. don't let the sour grapes get to ya!

Thanks. If it wasn't for you I wouldn't know what to do.

Can I pay you with pesos?

My post was in jest. But those are some things I have actually seen on releases. Things that make no sense at all. Yes I do call dispatchers on those things.

I try to find a way to file a fix called SHART on any flight going over Nebraska...then see if anyone calls or sends a message when they notice.

So far, not one soul has noticed. Sad.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back