• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A better way to board a plane

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
it doesn't matter how u board the plane the idiots will prevail . trying to jam their double overstuffed carry ons into the overheads like a fat woman trying to squeeze into the jeans she wore in high school. then the people that get on last scurry around the plane opening all the overheads looking for space.

then the people that get on last scurry around the plane opening all the overheads looking for space.

That brings up one of my pet peeves!

The smart F/A's open all the overheads before boarding. Now, as the pax fill the bins THEY SHOULD LEAVE THE DOORS OPEN. Only at the end of the boarding process should the F/A's start closing the overheads.

I commuted for almost 20 years. I'd hate to add up all the wasted minutes I witnessed seeing the late boarders opening door after door looking for space for their bags. If the doors are still open you see it and move on. Those last passengers would be seated much faster with the above method.

another "theory" to increase efficicency. my opinion is that people will still be SNAFUed in the aisles. its age, intelligence and lack of courtesy, which hampers things. the premature closing of partially filled overheads adds to this as well.

i doubt theyll adopt this. its too confusing for the passngers. lol.

Six people in 40 rows comes up to 240, by my math. For an astrophysicist, his arithmetic skills are amazingly bad. :laugh:

He never said it was an airplane with 120 seats, he said it was an airplane with 120 passengers.

Or as a comedian once said-when they announce the boarding of the plane all of the passengers act like it is the last plane out of Saigon-Hang tight folks they plane wont leave till everyone is on board LOL

...boarding method that's SIX TIMES FASTER than the current method, or that management will probably completely ignore this scientific research!

I believe it says it's 1/6th faster, or 16% faster. Still, a 30 min boarding could be reduced to a 25 mins, saving 5 min on the ground.

It will work. Someone has to change computer systems to automatically assign zones using the new method. Even if some dumb pax makes a mistake it probably won't affect the overall efficiency.

It beats the stupid Southwest mad-dash-cattle-boarding process...

There's always the last minute folks who belong scattered throughout. So they could easily put a dampen on this theoretical model of seating efficency.

Not everyone will conform to the seating calls. A lot of PAX hate sitting in their seat while on the ground, boarding.

I think it will make boarding even faster if airlines will start charging passengers for each bag they carry on board instead of for the ones the check-in.

Latest resources

Back