• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

A-380 question?

thesource

Total Time
I did a search and did not find an answer, but may have missed it so excuse me if it has already been discussed.

But, I heard that an A-380 was destroyed in France under suspicious circumstances a while ago and that the country of the people involved payed someone off to keep it quiet. Anyone have any info about this.
The story I heard was very interesting.

Donsa320

Total Time
I did a search and did not find an answer, but may have missed it so excuse me if it has already been discussed.

But, I heard that an A-380 was destroyed in France under suspicious circumstances a while ago and that the country of the people involved payed someone off to keep it quiet. Anyone have any info about this.
The story I heard was very interesting.

Not true. All the 380 aiframes are accounted for. That story confused the 340 accident that got away on the run-up pad. Just as sad though. That was a total loss.

thesource

Total Time
Yep, that was the story I was told. Person relaying the story had wrong AC type.

Thanks

Colonel Savage

Southern style...
Total Time
NoTime
Imagine if it had been a 380. Wow!

CKJET

Total Time
lots~~
This is the 1st I have herd of this.... that sucks for the plane, just my two cents for a second....
They added full power to that thing when it was empty and were hoping for what to happen?

I can see why they wanted to cover that up, that could be an off with your head in the middle east!

ImbracableCrunk

Unregistered Un-User
Total Time
6AM
Oops. Already posted.