A-330 Glider!! Flt 236

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
zbwmy said:
I worked that TSC236 that night through Maine. I keep missing that show. What is the title of the program so I can TIVO it?

Its seconds from disaster, but the show is about all different types of accidents from planes to trains, so it might be hard to catch.

The show that the original poster was talking about is different. It was on MSNBC and it was a show about divine intervention and only had about 15 minutes on this flight.

Pretty interesting that the flight crew was demoted for getting the plane in that situation, then promoted for landing safely.

So it was a wash then?

:D

Minhberg

the show i watched was like a 2 hour special on national geographic did anyone see the movie or special about the air canada A330 that they didnt know how to do metric conversions or something and gave the A330 a little less than half the fuel to get to their destination so they diverted to winnipeg? and the show that you guys are talking about is the Air Transat flight right?

texflyguy said:
the show i watched was like a 2 hour special on national geographic did anyone see the movie or special about the air canada A330 that they didnt know how to do metric conversions or something and gave the A330 a little less than half the fuel to get to their destination so they diverted to winnipeg? and the show that you guys are talking about is the Air Transat flight right?

Is that the Gimmly Glider one?

Yeah, we're talking about the Air Transat flight.

And yes, it was a wash.
again, a serious breakdown on the flightdeck got them into the situation but superior airmanship is what got them out of it.

Can someone please break this Air Transat situation down for me. Ill look it up on the NTSB but what happend and why?

The Air Canada one was a 767 or an A330?

The Gilimi Glider was a 767 and the Air Transat was an A-330. I do agree with the previous posts that the crew really did botch the emergency procedure. If they had done it correctly the worst thing would have been the single engine landing.

What would the best glide speed be for a 330 at a light weight? I'd guess no more than 200 KIAS but could easily be wrong. On microsoft flight sim I have flown the 777 up to FL 350 and deadsticked it right on the numbers into a number of virtual airports and I get about a 15 to 1 ratio! I'm sure that in the real world it would be totally different with your heart pumping and blood flowing like a pride of lions are running me down!!!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back