9Eto hire in January

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for the info!

How's reserve life / commuting into it at PCL? Trying to figure out whether to apply or not should I get furballed. I already know the money deal, and it'll pay slightly more than unemployment. Also wondering about family medical insurance.

Thanks.
One of the better if not the best insurance packages out there.

Reserve's. Read this board on the PNCL TA, it should answer most of your questions.

Commuting will always be dependent on where you are based and where you live. If you live in domicile or close by (less than a 90 min flight) it is palatable. Live further than that, you don't need to ask the question because you know the answer.

Pinnacle reserve is absolutely miserable unless you live in base.. even if you live in base, it is still horrid. Used and abused does not begin to describe what you'll be going through. Don't expect it to get much better with the new contract, the senior guys and union seems to think that sacrificing reserves for the sake of lineholders is ok.

Insurance is one of the best parts of our current contract. Our union claims we have the best terms of any alpa carrier, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was true. I pay $15 a month, and co-pays are very low.

Pinnacle reserve is absolutely miserable unless you live in base.. even if you live in base, it is still horrid. Used and abused does not begin to describe what you'll be going through. Don't expect it to get much better with the new contract, the senior guys and union seems to think that sacrificing reserves for the sake of lineholders is ok.

Insurance is one of the best parts of our current contract. Our union claims we have the best terms of any alpa carrier, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was true. I pay $15 a month, and co-pays are very low.

If you think reserve a PCL is bad..look at what the CMR reserves are complaining about on this board. Schedules with single days off..2 on 1 off 3 on 1 off.. etc and commuting to JFK too. In the recent past Mesaba reserves did a lot of 'reserve out of domicile'.. sitting in a hotel room for 5 days. Mesa reserves do 20 days of ready reserve for months at a time. Reserve is a hard a job no matter where you go. PCL's reserve system is no worse than any other regionals and significantly better than most.

Reserve is a hard a job no matter where you go. PCL's reserve system is no worse than any other regionals and significantly better than most.

I agree reserve at ANY regional is a hard job. Are any significantly better than another? YMMV depending on the regional, the reserve system and the ability to handle frustration.

If you think reserve a PCL is bad..look at what the CMR reserves are complaining about on this board. Schedules with single days off..2 on 1 off 3 on 1 off.. etc and commuting to JFK too. In the recent past Mesaba reserves did a lot of 'reserve out of domicile'.. sitting in a hotel room for 5 days. Mesa reserves do 20 days of ready reserve for months at a time. Reserve is a hard a job no matter where you go. PCL's reserve system is no worse than any other regionals and significantly better than most.

Simply not true. ASA, Wisconsin, Express jet and Mesaba at a minimum have better reserve sections than our current or TA contract. There is no excuse to make reserve here this punative.

If you think reserve a PCL is bad..look at what the CMR reserves are complaining about on this board. Schedules with single days off..2 on 1 off 3 on 1 off.. etc

When you put in your bid that you want a 7 day off stretch thats the price you pay. Large blocks of days off for reserves is simply not an option.

commuting to JFK too.

What does commuting have to do with reserve rules?

In the recent past Mesaba reserves did a lot of 'reserve out of domicile'.. sitting in a hotel room for 5 days.

Kinda like we used to do at PCL via a concessionary LOA?

Mesa reserves do 20 days of ready reserve for months at a time.
Happens at PCL too.

PCL's reserve system is no worse than any other regionals and significantly better than most.

That is pure bullsh*t.

Pilots that commute like "reserve out of domecile". Get 24 hour per diem, and a room to their self. Some pilots are missing out on $$ since that stopped.

Or C). SEVENDUST was rejected by 9E.
Or D). Washed out of 9E.
You couln't pay me to work at 9E. Flew 135 previous, sent 1 resume to 1 regional, got hired....end of story. I think it's the other way around. You're probably one of the many that couldn't get hired at a respectable airline with a positive repuation....last choice Pinnacle then Mesa. Or maybe your the guy who didn't want to go to that other airline because "props r' for boats." Barbie Jet syndrome......let me guess....Gulfstream?????:laugh:

BTW...I don't meat the qualifications for 9E anyway; I am only fluent in one language.

BTW...I don't meat the qualifications for 9E anyway; I am only fluent in one language

I don't meet the qualifacations! Meet not meat.............you are welcome!

Latest resources

Back