9e

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Call me when it involves Delta pay.

Isn't Delta Managers, Delta HR, Delta IT, Delta Payroll, Delta Insurance, Delta Uniforms enough for you? Delta Pay? that's kind of selfish, how many delta things do you want? and don't get me started on that employee number.
Why actually be delta, when you can be a cheap imitation of delta?

Isn't Delta Managers, Delta HR, Delta IT, Delta Payroll, Delta Insurance, Delta Uniforms enough for you? Delta Pay? that's kind of selfish, how many delta things do you want? and don't get me started on that employee number.
Why actually be delta, when you can be a cheap imitation of delta?

I voted to be an expensive version of Detroit, but got outvoted....

In all seriousness, I am tired of being told we need to be exactly like Delta while at the same time Delta (Northwest) has now twice deliberately attacked my pay and quality of life. They have twice in 6 years found shady ways to destroy Mesaba, As such, why should I then want to parade around in the "sailor suit" (with no winter coat) for now a 30% less pay, lower travel benefits, less 401K match, less vacation, no more flow, and to top it off, Bloch stealing my seniority to give to someone that no longer has a company yet sits around for 6+ months paid not flying waiting to take my seat? Why should I give a damn about Delta passengers, employees, culture, or anything else when they do everything to NOT include us in everything. I have no problem with not being Delta at Pinnacle, but then don't dare ask me to "play Delta" like I am some 5 year old playing Barbie... You get what you pay for, if you don't want to pay, you aren't going to get it... At least not from me. Pay for it and you will have the best you pay for.

Until the fence comes down, the first one sits on the ramp. You can't add aircraft to a "fenced" certificate.[/QUOTE

Not quite true. Usually you go back to the arbitrator or his designee for some guidance..

You mean the FAA? These new -900's have to come in on the "pinnacle" cerficate since new aircraft cannot be added to a fenced certificate. Being that all the remaining -900's are on the fenced cert, the fence needs to come down so that new -900's can be added. It's not a colgan/Mesaba/pinnacle thing. This is getting the fence down and getting the FAA side taken care of.

You mean the FAA? These new -900's have to come in on the "pinnacle" cerficate since new aircraft cannot be added to a fenced certificate. Being that all the remaining -900's are on the fenced cert, the fence needs to come down so that new -900's can be added. It's not a colgan/Mesaba/pinnacle thing. This is getting the fence down and getting the FAA side taken care of.

If you have two certificates that operated the same aircraft the FAA wouldn't care the one operated as long as everything is up to speed. Fences are usually the result of an SLI not the FAA..

Last edited:
You should give a damn about Delta passengers if for no other reason than your self respect. You start down that road and you become someone else.

If you have two certificates that operated the same aircraft the FAA wouldn't care the one operated as long as everything is up to speed. Fences are usually the result of an SLI not the FAA..

You're getting confused between the SLI fences and the REAL FAA fences. We tried calling the SLI fences, quotas, but it didn't catch on. The two sides have to get merged up to go forward or else the -900's have to go onto the Pinnacle cert. I'm not an FAA guy but that's what I've been told by folks who deal with this.

This is getting the fence down and getting the FAA side taken care of.

On our 4th CEO (Phildo, Crybaby, Spanky, Guum-ball), exiting bankruptcy, and we're still paying for the mistakes of laziness, incompetence, and negligence of Phil and Shockey and the circus that followed.

You should give a damn about Delta passengers if for no other reason than your self respect. You start down that road and you become someone else.

I don't think anyone's self worth should be tied to the job. With that said, it seems unavoidable sometimes. There is a ringing of truth to what you say, but it's possible to "not give a damn" about the passengers, move onto the next airline and do great, and never hurt any of your self respect.

It does sound like that's the only thing that is keeping you going, and that's commendable, but there's more to life than how you treat the passengers that you are paid a concessionary rate to fly around after a purposeful bankruptcy filing.

I'm not saying it's open season on passengers, and no one should take out their stress at work on the passengers, but I don't go out of my way to be attentive to the passengers because it is tied to any self worth. I do like doing the "one nice thing a day" for a passenger, although last night it turned into a series of about a dozen nice things, but it keeps my mind off the commute.

Latest resources

Back