• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

9E,XJ,9L TA Rates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As usual we got plenty of haters who have nothing but negative stuff to say. That is a very decent payscale. Congrats to the guys at Pinnacolaba. Definitely sets the standard for ASA/XJT JCBA.

Also for newbies it looks like the days of poverty level wages for new hire FOs are coming to an end finally. $29 1st year pay for CRJ FOs in 2015

Sub-30K is still chump change for a professional jet pilot.

Sub-30K is still chump change for a professional jet pilot.

It's chump change, bit no longer poverty. We have and can continue to go go on and on about what a professional pilot deserves. But its all just a waste of time talking about a wet dream. This career is not about what you deserve, It's what you negotiate

It's chump change, bit no longer poverty. We have and can continue to go go on and on about what a professional pilot deserves. But its all just a waste of time talking about a wet dream. This career is not about what you deserve, It's what you negotiate

It's also five years from now.

Difference is YOUR rates are 5 YEARS FROM NOW

It's also five years from now.

Ah ha! Now I can prove that at least one other person hasn't had any kool-aid this week.

Plus, how long will it be till the next contract is signed? You screwballs are going to have $25k/yr FOs in 2020? I'm not a Beck fan and I don't own gold (mostly cuz im poor) but you people need to realize that in 2015, 2020 -- 25k/yr will EASILY be poverty wages.

Last edited:
As someone earlier said, pay is black and white. If you read the TA summary there are a number of words like "timely" and "subject to" and "best effort". That is not black and white. Oh, and I see the dual-qual has quietly been slipped in there too.
This is the truth. Work rules aren't even worth the paper they're written on.
Pay is ALWAYS the meat and potatoes of the contract.

Ah ha! Now I can prove that at least one other person hasn't had any kool-aid this week.

Plus, how long will it be till the next contract is signed? You screwballs are going to have $25k/yr FOs in 2020? I'm not a Beck fan and I don't own gold (mostly cuz im poor) but you people need to realize that in 2015, 2020 -- 25k/yr will EASILY be poverty wages.
Thank you! Buy this man a beer! Oh, wait. Looking at your new pay rates you guys won't be able to afford the beer.

This is the truth. Work rules aren't even worth the paper they're written on.
Pay is ALWAYS the meat and potatoes of the contract.

Thank you! Buy this man a beer! Oh, wait. Looking at your new pay rates you guys won't be able to afford the beer.

I would LOVE to have all pay increases tied to the CPI. No company will go for it because they can't budget for that years down the road... If any of you have an idea how to get that please let me know.
And yes I would be willing to take a pay CUT IF the CPI were negative (IE deflation)

Can't budget for it??

Bull********************! If inflation goes nuts the airlines can and will raise their fares as much as necessary to remain in business. Sometimes fare increases don't stick but surcharges do. Airlines CAN adjust their models to account for inflation. You don't even need to tie it to the CPI, but you could put in a stipulation that says any year the CPI exceeds 5% or 10% that the pay rates would be renegotiated. Thats not too much to ask is it?

You don't even need to tie it to the CPI, but you could put in a stipulation that says any year the CPI exceeds 5% or 10% that the pay rates would be renegotiated. Thats not too much to ask is it?

You thinking that Carter is going to get reelected?

Latest resources

Back