• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

9E t a

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
At ASA? I thought we did pretty good. Aren't we at or near the top of the regional scale on most sections? I for one have more days off, a commuter clause, make more money than I did under the old contract, a better match to my 401k, 100% DH pay, and got a pretty good signing bonus! Not to mention the other imrovements to the scheduling section.

Pretty good if you ask me.

While I agree with you we got a lot of improvements, there are many glaring holes in our current contract. The reserve section has been an absolute mess..

While I agree with you we got a lot of improvements, there are many glaring holes in our current contract. The reserve section has been an absolute mess..

It is a mess, but is far better than that which came before it.

An absolute mess? No, not really. I'm guessing you weren't here before, under the old contract and the absolute mess that that was.

An absolute mess? No, not really. I'm guessing you weren't here before, under the old contract and the absolute mess that that was.

what reserve section in the old contract? you mean the handful of words that basically states you are CS beotch 24/7/365.

the new language is an improvement, now you are their beotch only 20-21 days a month (can't go below min days off)

Like ASA, you treat them like crap for so long, then when a POS carrot is hung infront of their face, they're willing to sign for it. ALPA is doing their fear tatics of "Sign it or it could be worse" just like they did the Comair guys.

Yes I was here under the old contract with the old reserve "rules" and in many ways the new contract is better, but also worse. In typical ASA fashion, one set of abuses has been traded for another. We close one set of loopholes and they simply open others. Business as usual unfortunately. The companies refusal to work with us on the red-arrow debacle simply indicates that the Brad Holt "honeymoon" is over.

The companies refusal to work with us on the red-arrow debacle simply indicates that the Brad Holt "honeymoon" is over.

Oh really? You mean like how the union has worked with the company on PBS? Every single cent PBS would have the company, ALPA demanded it and a significant amount more in concessions. It seems more to me that ALPA wants to flex its muscle and the company shoved back.

Latest resources

Back