• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

9E MEC Ridiculousness

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
XJers...you have to understand the position the original 9E guys were coming from...the last two MEC's were...well I cant use those words on a forum...Oscar the Grouch could do a better job...I hear nothing but good things about TW and it can literally only be a step in the right direction compared to the past...

Somewhere in a derelict alley, inside a dirty trash can, Oscar the Grouch has been offended.

Posted on behalf of another:

Hi everyone, I'm TW, your MEC chair.

I know that a lot of you have real concerns about the company, but I am here now and everything will be faeries and sunshine - because that's how we do things at Mesab--I mean Pinnacle.

First order of business: All MEC officers must wear a suit and tie for all meetings, no exception. I know, I know. The ALPA standards manual says that business casual is the dress code but I really need you to know that I AM IN CHARGE NOW as I exercise my SECURE AUTHORITY by dictating what you wear to meetings. Please remember, I used to be at National in Herndon, so I am used to a certain level...of expense account.

So wear your suit, absolutely no texting, and do as I say - not as I do.

Thanks for all you do - or at least 1.95% of that.

Thank you Capt. W. I am happy you are here.

And I don't see Wychor closing up airlinkpilot forums, ...

That is because he CANT!! Airlinkpilots.com is not under any union control anymore so the 3000 pilots of PNCL corp don't have to worry about that ever happening to them again.

I guess I am miss informed. I was told a few years back that the executive ALPA types have free transportation and extravagant food and hotels when they travel

Yes, you were misinformed. Tom has to jumpseat when he travels, and I doubt he's ever in his life ridden in a limo for ALPA work. A ratty old DC cab is more like it. He's usually staying at the Courtyard when he's in Herndon, not a "5 star hotel." I don't think the rooms in the Courtyard have been remodeled in 25 years. Yes, there is an occasional nice meal, but nothing extravagant. If you spend too much on a meal, the VP-Finance starts asking questions.

The idea that union reps, even at the national level, are living large is a myth.

Why oh why is alcohol covered by ALPA funds? This is the biggest problem I have.

It depends on the MEC. At the ATN MEC, it wasn't approved unless it was some sort of special occasion. The union would pay for food for volunteers, but not for alcohol. Other MECs have different policies. If you don't want your MEC buying alcohol for volunteers (and I don't really disagree with you), then bring a resolution to your next local council meeting to change their policy. That's how you get things done.

It depends on the MEC. At the ATN MEC, it wasn't approved unless it was some sort of special occasion. The union would pay for food for volunteers, but not for alcohol. Other MECs have different policies. If you don't want your MEC buying alcohol for volunteers (and I don't really disagree with you), then bring a resolution to your next local council meeting to change their policy. That's how you get things done.

You better be joking TO. I've been paying more for union dues than health insurance and the MEC/LEC is drinking it?

I don't know where you work, so I have no idea whether your MEC occasionally bills alcohol to group meals.

Latest resources

Back