Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Posted on behalf of another:

Hi everyone, I'm TW, your MEC chair.

I know that a lot of you have real concerns about the company, but I am here now and everything will be faeries and sunshine - because that's how we do things at Mesab--I mean Pinnacle.

First order of business: All MEC officers must wear a suit and tie for all meetings, no exception. I know, I know. The ALPA standards manual says that business casual is the dress code but I really need you to know that I AM IN CHARGE NOW as I exercise my SECURE AUTHORITY by dictating what you wear to meetings. Please remember, I used to be at National in Herndon, so I am used to a certain level...of expense account.

So wear your suit, absolutely no texting, and do as I say - not as I do.

Thanks for all you do - or at least 1.95% of that.

I know that a lot of you have real concerns about the company, but I am here now and everything will be faeries and sunshine - because that's how we do things at Mesab--I mean Pinnacle.

First order of business: All MEC officers must wear a suit and tie for all meetings, no exception. I know, I know. The ALPA standards manual says that business casual is the dress code but I really need you to know that I AM IN CHARGE NOW as I exercise my SECURE AUTHORITY by dictating what you wear to meetings. Please remember, I used to be at National in Herndon, so I am used to a certain level...of expense account.

Still better than CS! The DTW pilots voted him out of DTW with almost a 70% for BJW and 30% for CS as DTW Captain rep. That was February, and next thing you know, April he's named MEC Chairman. As for Wychor, good! Force them to wear a suit and tie! And I don't see Wychor closing up airlinkpilot forums, so that's already +1 for him over CS.

Me thinks business as usual in the 9E MEC is set to radically change. Hold on though on preconceptions.... You might like the outcome. :)

You guys have an MEC chair that flew the line when Carter was President, is not line qualified and you think he is looking out for who?

Waaaaaa

I hate wearing a tie

waaaaaaaa

You guys have an MEC chair that flew the line when Carter was President, is not line qualified and you think he is looking out for who?

You could say that about every politician we elect in the United States government as well. I guess I am not sure if that is a good or bad analogy. :beer:

Ask your MEC chair, that is not qualified on any of the aircraft your operate, if he stays in the Super 8 with the pilots or if he is in the Hilton or Hyatt within walking distance or a limo ride to a Ruth Chris Steakhouse on your dime?

And Yes Matilda it does matter if he is not.

Latest resources

Back