• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

9E hotels getting more super!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'd rather have a larger paycheck than nicer hotels.

That's a ridiculous statement. Management is laughing at you right now. There's no reason you should have to sacrifice pay for decent accommodations. A large part of our week is spent in these hotels to rest, and prepare to take care of the companies customers and assets. A nice place to sleep isn't an unreasonable request. Now the Iron Range is Northern MN isn't the cutting edge in contemporary establishments, but it doesn't mean you shouldn't try for the nicest option available.

"Rise and shine with free SuperStart continental breakfast, and grab a cup of coffee to go from the 24-hour coffee station..... "

Should be popular with FA's and stingy pilots! Those Hiltons with no fridge and free food are so annoying!

Exactly. Idiots complain until we move from a Marriot to a rat hole Holiday Inn for a friggin refrigerator and a van desperate enough to serve as a personal taxi for no tips.

Life's GREAT at Super 8.

Hotel language: elevator. That would get us out of a few dumps. There are levels of hotel from lodgex and api. I figured XJ would help us here.

Life's GREAT at Super 8!

Hotel language: elevator. That would get us out of a few dumps. There are levels of hotel from lodgex and api. I figured XJ would help us here.

Also, an on-site restaurant requirement would knock out most budget motels. Hotel language is in the vast majority of airline pilot contracts (ASA has good language for a regional we could have utilized), this is not reinventing the wheel here.

Okay, so there is only so much negotiating capital. Would you rather they spent it on work rules, pay rates, or hotels? Keep in mind that hotels can be changed without the contract by writing up issues we have with the ones we are in.

Fill out a hotel issue form. I don't know if it'll be responded to if you are just bitching for bitching sake. If there is a valid, useful, complaint then fill out a form.

Latest resources

Back