• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

9E attrition

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If the TA passes skyguy40 are you going to opt out of the bonus money, PM me I'll send you my address then you can send the check directly to me. But I would imagine you will cash it and say well I voted "NO" those foolish Yes voters. I am being serious if you vote No and this passes at least donate the money to charity because by voting no you are saying I don't want the money or need it. A NO vote also states you don't care about anybody but yourself. If I am out of a job I want everybody out of a job. Good grief grow up.

So you can not follow directions. I said to not explain a yes or no vote to me. It is my vote to cast any way I decide. You have not walked in my shoes. SO BACK OFF!!!!! You have no right to tell me what to do.

No Dutch my logic is not messed up. If a pilot votes No and the No votes are the majority nobody get's the bonus. The No voters don't want the bonus, if they wanted it, why vote No? The No voters want everyone who is going to get furloughed in 2013-2014 not to get 3 months pay, extended medical coverage, and two years of pass benefits and the ability to cash out all vacation and sick time. That to me is what a No votes represent. Maybe some peoples can afford to pass up all that money on the table but I bet most can't. And if you can afford to vote it down the only person you are thinking of is yourself. And that is the reality what will happen if this TA is voted down. How can my logic be messed up, please explain.

Under your thinking, the only people who should have been payed the new rates under the JCBA are the yes votes? Everyone has a reason for how they vote. You dont get to dictate other votes.

You are correct on I don't get to dictate votes. But the No voters are not using good business logic like I explained in my previous post. Some one please explain on how a No vote is not an emotional vote. Many people not just pilots will lose there jobs and all the pilots will lose there jobs and all the money that's on the table. The No voters just don't want to hear that they are voting on pure emotion. These pilots I would bet are the same people that would fly a broken airplane on the last leg of a 4 day just to get home. They can't put there emotions in front of logic.

No emotion on my part. I simply know what I'm willing to accept for compensation and the ta failed reach that threshold.

The argument could be made that fear (an emotion) is driving your vote.

who said that pilot is not entitled to vote with their emotions? I am in the process of weighing my emotions and this situation (how messed up it is), and the reality of the situation. If I won the lottery today I would be 100% a no vote and I would let it ride. But the reality of the situation is that I have to look at what will keep me current for the longest time possible because the hiring has not started yet and as time progresses, the hiring is not going to surpass the amount of regional pilots put on the street by the 50 seaters being parked by Delta and now United. They are parking X amount of 50 seaters that require a set amount of pilots while creating only half as many new jobs with them acquiring larger aircraft.

But each vote counts and means something to that individual pilot-unless you are on our MEC, then they are all voting as one-or the vote takes place and wychor makes all the Reps vote as one. So we never know what the real split was.

People are entitled to vote any way they want. I would not blame a junior pilot who has been crapped on for years for their choice and its not up to them to think about a pilot like me when they cast their vote. I just don't understand how a no vote makes them better off. Even if you want to leave you can take a long term leave and if (this may be a big if) we get some more flying or perhaps not all 200's leave, you have options that have not cost a thing and actually paid you something.

The only logic I can see for a no vote is if you just plain think the company and Delta are bluffing and someone feels we can do better by voting it down.
Financially, I just don't see how one single pilot is better if this thing is voted down. If you want to vote it down because it feels good to stick it to Delta and 9E, I hope its worth several thousand dollars and other options that are lost.

If a Pinnacle pilot feels that this TA is unacceptable, then the logical choice is to vote "no".

Latest resources

Back